Home Buying in Keller>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in Tiffin, IA

What are everyones thoughts on the Vineyards at Heritage?

Asked by Chris, Tiffin, IA Tue May 10, 2011

Thinking about buying a house in the neighborhood. I have two small children so schools are important. Any advice would be great

Answers

5
Chris,

Please give me a call. I live in Keller and will be happy to show you some homes in different areas so you can get a feel for what you like.

Brett Ashcraft, Realtor
817-337-1199
The Vineyards at Heritage is a great community for young families and approx 10 mile drive to the TRE station. The entire Ft Worth, Keller isd area is distressed with depreciation of housing values and an over abundance of inventory to choose from. The homes that are selling are the short sales, foreclosures and homes with homeowners who actually have equity to give away. If you are looking for a nice neighborhood to live in for the next 8-10 years, I would not rule this community out. Barz Real Estate specialized in short sales, foreclosures, new construction and non distressed home sales for Fort Worth and the surrounding communities. If you want to look at more stable communities where you will get less sqft or older homes for your money, can I recommend North Richland Hills and Hurst - both communities are quicker access to the TRE station as well.

Gregg and Kelly Barz, The Michael Group 817-271-7456
How long would the commute be to the TRE station around 7 am?
Depends on what you are looking for in a home. Vineyards at Heritage does have a community pool and you may get a little more for your money compared to other subdivisions that are close by. That being said, there are currently 18 homes on the market, and since November 1, 2010 there have been 11 homes that were taken off the market and never sold, and only 4 closed sales since then with 3 of them being foreclosures. It appears that the foreclosures are selling, but the existing home market is fairly non-existent. I will say that the foreclosure sales appear to be great prices though.

I always suggest to my buyers to drive around in the neighborhood they are considering on a Saturday evening and a Sunday afternoon. Then you can see how you feel about the neighborhood itself. If you are not comfortable than you should keep driving. The Keller area is a great place for sure and that is why I have sold homes here for so many years. Lots of choices so you should find a home that you love...Let me know if you need some assistance.

Mindy Lowry, RE/MAX Heritage 682-559-1246 cell
Great neighborhood, great prices, good location, sometimes I feel like there is no HOA in this neighborhood. There is at about $400/year, but for some reason it does seem to have just a little different feel to me. As far as Friendship elementary is concerned, I would visit the school. It's one of the lower ranked schools for Keller ISD, but even these one word labels can have reasons behind them. I'd guess if you visit, you would like the school, like the teachers and be amazed at the condition and resources of these schools.

Below is a link to homes currently on the market in the Vineyards.

Welcome to Texas....just let us know if we can be of service to you or your family.

Bruce Lynn
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX