Home Buying in Englewood>Question Details

Pat W, Home Buyer in Englewood, FL

What are approximate real estate taxes on a $200,000 home in Englewood?

Asked by Pat W, Englewood, FL Sat Mar 6, 2010

Answers

5
Jason Stevens’ answer
sorry here is the link to the taxes to the property I spoke about in my first response

http://fl-charlotte-taxcollector.governmax.com/collectmax/co…
Pat - If the house is located in Englewood and taxed by Charlotte County then you can expect to pay approx $1,614 (16.1395 mills) dollars for every $100,000 of assessed value. So for a house whose "just" value or market/assessed value is $200,000 according to the Charlotte County Property Appraiser you can expect to pay $3,288 in ad valorem taxes (also known as according to value). This is under the assumption that the house is not homesteaded with $50,000 of the value exempt from taxes. Now add to the $3,288 ad valorem taxes the non-ad valorem taxes which are area specific and can change dramtically from one area to the next. The non ad valorem taxes can include garbage pick up, fire district, street and drainage, stormwater, central water and sewer assesstion, etc... On a property's tax bill it will list what the non ad valorem taxes are. Here is a link to a property that is valued at $211,274 and does not have any exemptions. As you can see the total tax bill for 2009 (with ad valorem and non ad valorem taxes combined is $3,890.61. My best guess is that the taxes will be a lower for 2010 but we won;t know that until around Nov. when the new tax bills come out. I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Jason Stevens, GRI,ABR
Broker Associate
Kevin Flynn Realty, Inc.
Email: jasonstevens@embarqmail.com
Hi Pat,

You can go to the Sarasota Tax Collectors office and input an address to find the "millage" rate and any "non advalorem" taxes. You have to be careful though to also look at the property appraiser's info because if the current owner has a discount for "save our homes", the current owner's taxes may be significantly less than you will pay. Your Realtor should be able to give you an idea of the expected taxes "before" you make an offer.

a link to the tax collector's lookup is here:

http://sarasotataxcollector.governmax.com/collectmax/collect30.asp

Hope this help you.

Alma
Seeing as we are talking Florida, not New Jersey, it will depend on this is a primary residence where you will have a homestead exemption. If it is a purchase of a second home, there is a factor they use for re-assessment. It is between 1 & 1.5% if I remember correctly, which is between $2,000 & $3,000. You can use that as your guide for the highest amount.
Without any detailed information--it will depend on property size, school district, upgrades to the house, etc.