Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Docwargo, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA

What are Residential Construction Costs in Philadelphia, PA?

Asked by Docwargo, Philadelphia, PA Mon Feb 21, 2011

Answers

8
Alex,

I specialize in only Center City building costs (Fishtown to Brewerytown and Grays Ferry to Pennsport). I'm not familiar with Bucks or MontCo.

Ryan
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 21, 2011
It depends on where you are looking to build. But on average (and I'm being conservative) you can look to build at about $125 per sq ft (sometimes less) and sell for about $250 per sq ft. Again, these are averages, some neighborhoods are higher than others.

I specialize in New Construction Housing in Philadelphia.

Do you know where you want to build or where your clients are wanting to build?

Ryan
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 21, 2011
we are looking to build in philadelphia. We are looking at lots between broad & front, Market & Snyder
Flag Sat Aug 9, 2014
Cost to build 1,700 3 story roof top deck in Graduate hospital area of Philadelphia?
I have a similar question. 2014-
Temple Hospital Area
2 3 story complete gut and rebuilds; 2- partials (one was redone 2010 but trashed, dumped on property with debris, all windows and doors stolen, and electrical. Have to remove all sheetrock to framing, and see what I have left and rebuild from there. What estimated cost could you advise me in this market now?
$100-$200/sq ft depending on conditons and finishes...unless your building a 2-3 million house, then $300/sq ft....a nice 800k house can be built for 140/sq ft....don't forget te land, zoning and financial costs too...they add up.
Residentual construction costs are about $150 a square foot on average.
Depending on where you plan to build obviously will dictate your cost. Also, depending you plans after construction is done, will also adjust the price per square foot for the finished product. For example, if I were planning on renting my property out as opposed to selling it, I may not want to use the highest end finishes and stick with builder grade products. And on the other hand, if I were flipping, I may want to use better kitchen appliances, bathroom fixtures, etc.
But to answer your question, for construction ONLY, you will pay anywhere from $125 per square to $150 per square.
Ryan, just curious if you know the Cost for Bucks and Montgomery?