Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Jeanlouis.da…, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

What are Home Owner Assessments Fee? I'm looking to relocate to Atlanta and I see most of these homes have a Home Owner Assessments Fee?

Asked by Jeanlouis.daphne, Atlanta, GA Sat Nov 9, 2013

Answers

3
Gwen Harvey’s answer
Hi Jeanlouis,
HOA fees are very important fees. They are fees paid by the residents of the community to assist in the maintenance of the neighborhood that is managed by a Property Management company. The Property Management company oversees the community to make sure residents are abiding by the covenants that are set in place for the neighborhood. This is to keep the home values in check.

When you are ready to relocate keep me in mind, I will love the opportunity to service your real estate needs.

Gwen Harvey
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Classic
404 564-9500 Office
http://www.gwenharvey.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
An HOA fee is due under many circumstances, In Georgia there are 3 types of Community Associations, HOA, POA and Condominium Associations. An HOA can be mandatory or voluntary. A POA is mandatory as is a Condo Assoc. When you are ready to make an offer, ask for a Community Association Disclosure form to be provided by the listing agent, it will show which one it is, if it is mandatory, how much the dues are and how often they are paid. if there are special assessments for 1 time items that are unpaid or coming up, this form will have it as well. Good luck and welcome to Atlanta.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
Jeanlouis, home owner assessment (HOA) fees are fees that must be paid on varying periodicities (depending in the property type)by owners of certain types of residential property to an organization that assists with maintaining and improving common areas and amenities of that property and others in the same group. HOA fees are almost always levied on condominium and townhome owners, but may also apply in some single-family neighborhoods as well.

I'd be more than happy to assist with your relocation to Atlanta and to address any other inquiries you may have. Feel free to call or email me directly.

LaDonna B. Suggs, Realtor & Accredited Relocation Specialist

Harry Norman, REALTORS® Intown Office
1531 Piedmont Road | Suite B | Atlanta, GA 30324

D: 404.494.0504 |F: 404.497.5521 | O: 404.897.5558
http://www.LaDonna.Suggs.HarryNorman.com
LaDonna.Suggs@HarryNorman.com
Visit Me on Facebook!

*Inquiries & referrals are always welcomed and greatly appreciated*
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013