Home Buying in Laguna Woods>Question Details

maralee617, Other/Just Looking in Laguna Woods, CA

What are Cordoba co-op dues for 3 people, % for real estate taxes and are interest rates on co-op mortgages the same as standard ones?.?

Asked by maralee617, Laguna Woods, CA Mon Jul 9, 2012

Answers

5
The basic association fee on a co-op is $533 per month. In addition the association collects property tax each month, which is based on the purchase price. If a third person lives in the co-op the association charges an additional $52 per month.

The tax rate is the Orange County tax rate of 1.2% of the purchase price per year.

Interest rates on co-op loans are approximately one half point higher than a condo loan.

Ed Young
949-307-5121
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 9, 2012
Thanks everyone -- we are currently only in the thought process on this, not ready to move forward and just needed to crunch numbers for budget.
Thanks for letting us all know. You have a lot of good agents out here that can help as you move forward.
Dave
Flag Mon Jul 9, 2012
Maralee,

The last agent is correct the HOA is for the unit not people and they all vary unit to unit on HOA's. If you give me the unit number I can look it up for you and give you the break down. Right at this time there is 12 Cordoba units on the active market. Starting price at $159,000 to $345,000. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. Regarding mortgages only a few leaders will touch Laguna Woods. Premier Capital Mortgage is one. Give Dwight Moody a call (949) 334-2511 and he can give you all the mortgage information.

Dave Dyssegard
Tarbell Realtors
email: ddyssegard@tarbell.com
website: http://www.davedyssegard.com
949-315-1206
Since someone answered the mortgage part I will address the dues. Dues on a coop are not based on the number of people in the unit only the unit its self. As you already know the property taxes are part of the coop HOA. The HOA total is about $620 a month and a small percentage of that is for property taxes. Of course I can not tell you an exact number since I do not know the pruchase price of the unit in question. If you are working with an realtor already, this is something that they can call the HOA and get a break down of for you.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
714-585-5236 Cell
DRE 01405146
estatepricing@yahoo.com
I can fund Co-Ops Nationwide. Interest rates mirrior Fannie/Freddie Rates.

Mitch Valmer
949.836.5004
mitchv@emoneylending.com