Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

gug726, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

What agreement date to put in a cancellation notice, the date when the offer is made or the date when the offer is accepted?

Asked by gug726, San Diego, CA Fri Nov 23, 2012

Answers

9
Gug726,

If you are looking at homes on your own, let me give you me some advice, you will not be able to buy it by yourself. The market is constantly changing and we have a lack of inventory. The key to buying is having the right buyer's agent with the right relationships. The is no cost to you to hire me. Because my expertise, advice and relationships are priceless.

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
125*142*10754
efax 619-270-2516
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
You put the date the offer was made, not the date it was accepted. Too bad things did not work out and you have to cancel. I would be happy to prepare and submit your next offer. I would also be happy to help find your next property. Just let me know what type property (house or condo), how many bedrooms/baths, what areas, and what price range you are interested in and I will email you detailed listings of properties that meet your criteria.

Tera George
Broker

Coastal Realty
(760) 931-0345
The cancellation agreement has a spot where you put the date of the original agreement, not the date is was signed or accepted or the date of the counter offer. Further on it says this includes "all amendments and related documents". Your agent should be able to handle that for you very easily, that is their job.
If you are not working with a Realtor, you should so you won't have to ask these questions. A Realtor will look out for your best interests and it does not cost you anything. If your agent does not know how to fill out the forms you should get a new agent.

Local Help with Your Real Estate Needs

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
gug,

If I understand you correctly?

You don't have an agreement until the document is signed by the parties involved. Thus, the "agreement date" would be the date the last party signs the initial agreement.

If you used a C.A.R. purchase agreement, the agreement date is the date both parties agreed in writing. The purchase offer date is the date the offer was drafted. All dates start after "Agreement," and the default contingency period is 17 days. That is, if your used the C.A.R. form.

If you didn't use C.A.R. forms, it's whatever it says in your contract.

It doesn't cost you anything to use a buyer's agent, and if this is confusing you, I think it would be a good idea to use one for your next purchase, for your own protection. It can get complicated!

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
619-825-6421
Lic # 01443391
Cancellation can get into a sticky place. You need to know that escrow cannot be unilaterally cancelled and so hopefully the other party to your agreement is ok with canceling as well. Sometimes it isn't as easy to cancel as one might think, hopefully this isn't one of those times.

You would well advised to retain a professional realtor next time so you don't have to ask these questions.
The cancellation form should reference the name of the agreement being cancelled as well as the date the agreement was drafted. The date of cancellation should also be added next to the signature line.
Web Reference: http://www.sethchalnick.com
The agreement date would be the date the offer was accepted. The cancellation date is the day you are signing the cancellation.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Take care.
Hello~

Generally speaking the date of your contract, when the offer was made. Your agent will fill in the form properly to protect your best interest. You are working with an agent right? If not I highly recommend that you should be. A real estate agent knows the timelines and the details of the contract to protect you from losing your deposit and for so many other reasons as well.

Chris Gorno
DRE#01499885