Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

Linda, Home Buyer in Somersworth, NH

What advice would you have for a Rochester home buyer @ this point, as will home prices also be increasing due to new aviation business coming soon?

Asked by Linda, Somersworth, NH Sun Jan 13, 2013

Answers

4
Linda, I think you will see all us agents feel this is the perfect time to buy with the affordability of homes in Rochester and low interest rates. I would like to invite you to a Homebuyer Seminar on 1/19 at Lowes in Epping where a lender, insurance agent and real estate agent will be presenting on the home buying process. It is only 1 hour, 9-10 AM, so as not to occupy too much of a precious Saturday morning. There will be a door prize of a Lowes gift certificate. Limited seating, so please let me know and I will register you.
I don't think we are going to see any immediate surge in home prices however I do think this is an excellent time to buy. Prices are at the low end of the curve at the same time as interest rates, creating a great opportunity for home buyers. I think we will see home prices begin to increase at a normal or modest rate over the next few years along with the expanding economic recovery. The pent up demand created by slow sales of the past several years may cause some area increases that are faster than others. Either way 2013 should be a greta year to invest in Rochester and your future.

I agree with Bill. I am a Lakes Region agent and have noticed since the beginning of the year there is a sense of urgency with my buyer clients to purchase as the market is trending upward. This is a great time to buy as prices are still low. Are you working with an agent to start searching for properties? I would recommend that you schedule to view the properties to narrow down to the one you may want to put an offer on. Also, if you are financing, before previewing the properties, get a pre-approval ready to submit with your offer, or proof of funds if paying cash.

Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Kris Jones
Making a good buy is something that requires an appreciation for the local market, having a good negotiator on your side, and the seller's level of motivation.

Don't overlook that you are presently in the midst of a season in which sellers that have had to move on and have vacated their property are finding themselves having to absord the expense of the property. With cost heating costs factored in with taxes and normal upkeep, this is the time of year when northern sellers are coming face-to-face with the costs of owning a property in which you are not living. Thus, there is a seasonal motivate sense of urgency for many seller during the winter months that is often overlooked during other times of the year.

Our recommendation is to focus your attention on targeting these properties and perhaps find a real value.