Home Buying in Kiawah Island>Question Details

mccabs2, Other/Just Looking in Kiawah Island, SC

What about snakes in the marsh area invading home area?

Asked by mccabs2, Kiawah Island, SC Tue Jan 1, 2013

Answers

3
Dear mccabs2,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question regarding Kiaway Island, SC!

I would love to tell you that there are no snakes in Charleston SC area neighborhoods but I would not be telling you the truth! There are snakes everywhere along the coast just as there are in other parts of the state. But, that being said, I live just off of the marsh and across from a pond and I have never seen a snake in my yard. They may be there, but I have never seen them and I have lived in my home for almost 20 years. Like any other wildlife that you may encounter, if you give them their space, all will probably be ok.

I hope that this has been helpful! Please let me know if there is any other info that would be helpful to you...No obligation, of course!

Cheryll

Cheryll Woods-Flowers, Keller Williams
843-442-2219
cflowers@woodsflowers.com
I have never heard of snakes in homes on Kiawah. There is definitely an increase in snakes outdoors when you live in marshy areas.
I agree Ron, I've been here 30+ years and although I see snakes around; I've never had one in my home. I think we have enough natural environment to keep most wildlife occupied outside.