Home Buying in Keller>Question Details

jamesthornto…, Home Buyer in Keller, TX

What a wonderful looking community. My fiancee has spine problems which is worse in the cold and the rain. Is Keller "humid?"

Asked by jamesthornton9, Keller, TX Sat Feb 16, 2013

I am a mortgage underwriter, and it appears there is no lack of jobs if we were to move from N.Y.

Answers

7
Rick DeVoss’ answer
Well, James, you just got another answer to your letter from mid-February.

If you are still in N.Y., let me know. Maybe I an help you. If you are coming to Texas, I can definitely help you find a nice house and save some money buying it. I've been selling homes around Keller and the greater Fort Worth area for 33 years. We need a good underwriter down here! I can even put you in touch with a few lenders who might help you find a job.

But if you are going to stay in New York, then maybe I can help you save some money on your utilities. I work with a company that has just opened up the New York service area, and we offer electricity in most areas and natural gas in some, as well. We are a company that has been around for 8 years and are growing faster than any other in the area. We now serve New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Georgia, Texas, as well as New York. Let me know if I might be of service to you. ---But I would prefer to help you buy a house in Texas, and then you wouldn't need utilities in New York any longer.

I'd be happy to send you some details on a few houses that are currently for sale around here. Let me know what size you are looking for. ...And I guess I don't have to tell you about getting a pre-approval letter from a lender... :)

Best wishes,

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services
...817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
Dallas isn't that humid. It gets cold but not like NY. The people are great (I'm originally from Philly) and there are plenty of underwriter jobs.

You'll love Keller...really a great community.

To: "Lynn911"

Question: Is that your actual photograph you have posted here?

Question: Why don't you post your real name? Doesn't TREC require us to disclose who we are when we are advertising to the public?

Question: Why don't you show the name of your Broker or Office? (Isn't that required by TREC's advertising rules?)

Question: Why did you assume that the fiance was a man? (The person who wrote this question is named "James.")

Question: Is there some reason you are answering questions about Keller when you are primarily a Dallas agent who has an office in Dallas by another name not shown here? ---Has anybody noticed that the homes shown on your webpage are NOT your listings, but are cleverly displayed as if they were? It makes it look like you have a lot of listings all over the Metroplex, when in fact, you have simply duplicated what has been put in MLS by the real Listing Agent.

Question: Is there a reason why your answers frequently don't make good sense in English? (I will apologize if English was not your first language, but you might want to try to make some sense for the person who asked the question before you post all that stuff on a site like Trulia.)

If any other Agent would like to weigh in on this topic, I would appreciate it. I'm just getting tired of seeing this kind of stuff posted all the time on Trulia and other sites. If we don't police what other agents post for advertising, who will??

And to James Thornton, I apologize in advance that you will get some weird responses to your question. I have lived here since 1978, and have sold houses in Keller since 1980. So if anyone can help you, it is me. I'd be happy to get you weather statistics, or details about houses, but I cannot predict if your fiance will like our weather here. If you can get a job here, take it! And then call me for a house!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

(Broker's in Dallas; but I am operating in Keller, N. Richland Hills, Watauga, and the surrounding portions of Fort Worth. We are just West of the DFW airport, and have the best residential communities with the best schools anywhere in the Mid-Cities area. The actual city you wind up living in will depend on the price of the house you want to buy.)

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
=====================
No one can predict how he would respond to the weather. Keller is no different for weather in DFW area highly concentracted area. There are other similiar communities based on what your particulars are.

Keller homes for sale Keller Tx - website updated daily
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5130…

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Keller is a great community, I have lived here since 1999 and have been in the North Texas area for thirty-six years. We do not get as much rain in Keller as you receive in New York. We can get both extremes in temperature. We currently are experiencing a mild winter however in the past we have had some very cold winters. We do not get much snow however, when we do get winter precipitation it is usually in the form of ice. Homes in this area are quite "affordable" compared to the northeast. If you would like, I can email you some listings in the area. Just email me at djlyonstx@verizon.net. I am also a registered accessibility specialist for the state of Texas. I can help you find the right home for your wife.

Dan Lyons - Realtor
Prudential Worldwide Realtors
Keller, Texas
817-903-9425

http://www.djlyons-realtor.com
Dear Mr. Thornton,

Many people are moving here from New York. The weather here is very mild, especially compared to the Winter weather you guys are putting up with. Keller is a very nice community, and we have very reasonable prices (compared to N.Y.) if you plan to buy a house here. I just rented one in Keller for $1900 a month, and it was a lovely house, if you choose to lease here.

I will suggest you contact me directly, and then I can send you information on any property here in any price range. The average house (3-2-2 brick) around here is running from $150,000 to $250,000, depending on where you want to live, and how big you want it to be. Renting one costs more than buying one, but it will depend on your qualifications, and since you underwrite mortgages, you know what I am talking about.

Is it "humid"...? I guess that is a relative term. Probably not as humid as the Northeast, but then again it is more humid than New Mexico. It is definitely LESS humid than Houston!

Why don't youi fly down for a look-see. I'll be happy to pick you up at the DFW airport and show you around the area. I have been selling and leasing homes around here for only 33 years.

Best of luck to you!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
Keller and Texas actually have a lot of jobs here! We are having a major influx of relocation right now of people looking for jobs and buying homes. Keller is an awesome place to live because of home values, excellent schools and parks, shopping dining and so much more!
Texas does get some humidity but not as much up here in North Texas as they would down south towards the Gulf. There are some days in the summer where you feel the humidity but we mainly get a lot of heat. We do have rain but not a ton of cold.
I hope that you will tell me more about what you're looking for so that I can be of further help to you and your fiancée!
Take care,
Amy Steele
Cities Real Estate
817-470-8043