Home Buying in Tucson>Question Details

Betty, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

What Tucson builders have the best reputation?

Asked by Betty, Tucson, AZ Fri Feb 22, 2013

Answers

7
I would recommend a AF sterling. It's a local builder. They have been in business for 16 years and counting. One of my recent clients bought one. We went through on the home inspection with a private inspector. This inspector was overly impressed as he couldn't find a single issue with the home. As was I... Typically during inspections we find a laundry list of things even with new homes. Not on this one. It was perfect.

I have also worked with Lennar and Meritage. Both are good builds as well. I am going to be honest much of what I have to say is similar to the other responses. Quality of the build comes down a great part to the supervisors put on the projects. Many if not most of the subcontractors are actually shared between builders. So as you could imagine much of the quality is the same across all the builders.

Where you start to see issues is where the subcontractors have to work together to complete the job. If the supervisor from the builder doesn't work hard you will see integration issues.

Nothing major though most inspectors can catch a lot of this stuff. That's why I always recommend an independent home inspection.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 2, 2013
Thank you Matthew. You have given the most helpful response. You seem to know your market well!
Flag Sat Mar 2, 2013
Nicely dodged. I was hoping for an answer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 23, 2013
Hi Betty,

It depends because some builders specialize in custom homes, track homes, or semi-custom. Once you have determine the type of home you want, you can concentrate on the builder's that specialize on that type of home. I use to work for a national builder for three years and am familiar with the builders in the Tucson area. Call or email me I would like to help you with what you need. AzProperties@Ymail.com or 520-471-4711.

Monica
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 23, 2013
Your answer is of little value
Flag Sat Feb 23, 2013
Good Evening Betty,

As mentioned by my colleagues in their responses, there are many builders in town to choose from. The question that will needed to be answered by you is what type, style and size of home are you looking for? Do you have a piece of property you want to build on or do you prefer to be in a community of similar homes? There are many production builders in Tucson that have set floor plans to build on parcels within the communities they are building in. Some will make minor adjustments to the floor plans and of course you can pick your flooring, cabinets, counters etc., but for the most part you must stay within the plans they offer. Pepper Viner does have an option where they will build on your property outside of their communities. If your desire is to custom build a home on your own property, than the choices are vast and interviewing several builders to discuss your plans and budget for your dream home would be the best move.

Do consider checking online reviews of builders to get first hand opinions from people who have been through the construction process with many of the builders in town and are now living in their homes.

If you need further direction or have additional questions, please feel free to contact me. I do have a background working with a builder in new construction and am happy to share any knowledge I can.

Warm Regards,

Ann Gavlick
Tierra Antigua Realty
520-548-8548
http://www.AnnGavlick.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
QUAIL CREEK, A ROBSON RESORT - Active Adult Community, Green Valley, AZ

It is always a great decision to buy new and Quail Creek is an active adult community that features World Class amenities. Golf, Tennis, Pools, Fitness Center, Arts & Technology Center, Bocce/Pickle Ball, a Grand Ballroom and clubhouse, Restaurant/Bar and Coffee Shop and more! We have an in-house lender affiliate that will make getting a loan at the best possible int. rate and terms easy! There is so much to offer with energy efficiency guarantees and a 9 year builder warranty, 24/7 manned gate and vehicle patrol; many residents only live here for the winter. It just doesn't make sense to purchase resale, especially if you will only be at home part-time. The friendly neighbors living in the Quail Creek community will help you with anything you need and acquaint you with all the wonderful activities that you like to do. There are over 100 clubs and activities. I am partial as I am a new home sales consultant at Quail Creek, and I would love the opportunity to show you around and see if QC is a fit for your retirement needs. Please consider staying with us for 3 nights and 4 days to "EXPERIENCE THE LIFESTYLE", you will receive tours of homes and amenities, a free round (18 holes) of golf and a hosted dinner where you will meet homeowners who can answer your questions about what is like to live in Quail Creek. Contact Sue Taylor-Lane at 520-940-0500 for more info.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We looked at Robson at Saddlebrook and Sandlebrook Ranch and just did not care for the quality of the homes - too Home Depot! As far as Green Valley, there are just too many issues in that area.
Flag Tue Mar 12, 2013
Opinion question & really depends on price range & location. I have preferences that I like over the years, but the new builds have resumed construction & adding new homes.
I would suggest Google Tucson Builders for more opinions.
Best of luck.

Spirit Messingham
(520) 471-6900.
We do have knowledge Betty, but it depends on area & what price. I can list off the names of most builders currently but a person should not consider or compare a KB buiit home vs a custom build for example. It really is an opinion based question, would you ask for someone to tell you your favorite color? Mine is black but that might not be everyones. My best advice, find a local realtor, pick from any of the other agents that took the time to reply to your question and go out to view for yourself. Take care.
Flag Sat Feb 23, 2013
I am surprised a local realtor does not have knowledge of local builders.
Flag Sat Feb 23, 2013
Hello Betty,

I have sold a number of new builds over the past couple years. The builders have started to ramp up production as of late. It really depends what type of home you are looking for but generally speaking I am a big fan of Lennar, Pulte, Pepper Viner, Meritage, and Maracay. These builders excel at what they do. This does not mean there are not other quality builder in town.

Please feel free to contact me at your soonest convenience and I would be happy to speak with you directly, especially regarding what part of town your are looking at, product types, models, price point, financing terms, and the laundry list goes on....

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Michael Shiner
520-247-6436
http://www.tucsonrealestateliving.com
Michael, thank you for answering my question. You are the only realtor who did!
Flag Sat Feb 23, 2013