Xunkn0vvnx, Home Buyer in 90806

What Southern California area has the lowest property values but highest rents?

Asked by Xunkn0vvnx, 90806 Mon May 18, 2009

I am looking to invest in either a single family residence or multi unit complex and would like to maximize my investment dollars. I was wondering which Southern California areas have the highest rents to property value ratio or low property values and high rents?

Answers

4
I currently own a rental property in Long Beach and found it to be a great area for an investment. There are many factors that go into making a unit available for higher rent potential. Some of these are designated and gated parking areas, inside unit washer and dryer, as well as any interior updates. I have experience being a landlord along in addition to being a real estate agent, so I can definitely help guide you in your search. Feel free to email me directly with your preferences and I can send you some available listings to help you see what is available. I can also help you cross reference property prices with current rent in the areas that you are looking to purchase to see what would make the most sense for you.

Samantha Baksic
Precision Realty

sb@theprecisioncos.com
http://www.theprecisioncos.com/
http://www.ocbeachcitiesrealestate.com/
714.330.2021 (cell)
CA DRE License #: 01904666
That is a very interesting question. Long Beach is the most affordable LA or OC Beach city. When looking at Long Beach there are so many things going for it in regards to the potential for investment. This City has everything from Studio condos, Single Family residences, large apartment buildings, Commercial, mixed use, duplexes, triplexes, fourplexes and Estates. Cal State Long Beach has a large campus and not only brings students but employees and professors too. The Long Beach airport, Downtown, conventions, Festivities, events, surrounding businesses, music scene and nightlife bring professional businessmen and women and tourists alike. The potential for investment is HUGE!
One the other hand there is money to be made in other areas as well. Are you open to inner city urban areas? I can go into detail about that if you are interested.
Call me if you are still in the market and we can discuss further.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
That's such a great question. Many times potential investors approach us and want to purchase in a particular neighborhood that they consider "desirable." The neighborhood has high rents but also high property values and there aren't any properties there that pencil out from a cash flow standpoint. Often, these are neighborhoods c lose to the coast. As you move inland, property values can drop quite a bit, as do rents, but the rents don't drop as much as the prices.

If you or someone you know is considering purchasing an investment property and would like help evaluating all the factors that determine whether it's a good investment, give our team a call. My husband and business partner, Brad Jones, specializes in helping investors evaluate properties so they can make good buying decisions.
Web Reference: http://www.ShowMeHome.com
It is interesting how some areas are so expensive with little return on the investment and other areas can be of lower cost and have a better cap rate on the monies vested. Some parts of Long Beach, Sana Ana, Anaheim and more inland cities like Riverside have lesser buy in with more return on the cap rate. We can do searches on cap rates also.
Thanks For Your Question.
Thanks Again And remember the Finger that is Robert Finger For All Your Real Estate And Lending Needs.
Robert Finger
562-577-2888
Dre Lic# 01307561
Lender NMLS Lic. # 268502