Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Stephanie Di…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

What San Antonio home builders do you recommend? I'm looking more specifically for a home builder on the West/North West side of San Antonio.

Asked by Stephanie Diaz, San Antonio, TX Wed Oct 3, 2012

Answers

11
Ellen & Doc Stephens’ answer
Hi, Stephanie,

Factors to consider are Price Range, Quality of Construction, Customer Service ratings, Options and Finish out available, Schools, Neighborhoods, Home Owner Association Fees, Commute times, Traffic, Tax rates, Financing available, etc.

An active REALTOR will do 30 or more transactions per year, and we run into all the possible snags and problems. None of us are going to publicly disparage one Builder over another. To do so would be unethical.

So, for your individual situation, you are far better off to find a Pro who knows the market, knows the product available in each price range, and can help you to negotiate the best deal. Buying a home, a MAJOR Investment, is not something you should do as an Amateur - you just don't have the experience or tools.

The Builder is going to pay your agent. It doesn't add to the cost of your home except very rarely. They have already set aside that money for marketing. So, find yourself a great agent and let them help you to maximize your value, now and for when it is time to re-selol.

Doc Stephens, REALTOR
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 3, 2012
Check out our website and see why more people are choosing River Hills Custom Homes.

http://riverhillscustomhomes.com
I live and work in the North West side of San Antonio. Your question is hard to answer without knowing things about what you want in your home, size, price range, etc etc.

If you would like a free consultation, I can do that. We can meet at your current home, my office, or at a coffee house.

Marty Shields
Real Living/Best Homes
marty.shields@realliving.com
210-725-9607
Hi Stephanie,

Are you planning on buying your own lot?
Guess Homes. They just built one for us and we are VERY satisfied.
There are many great builders in that part of town. Contact me so we can talk about the type of home and your price range, that will help me to better answer your question. 210-725-9607 Marty
Tilson is one i liked after listing a home for a seller in the Southeast side of SA and i helped a buyer pick her new contruction home where we picked everything from counter tops,roof,gutters, color of brick,insulation, etc with KB. I would love to take you around to start the search. If you have the money i would say after seeing all the models Sitterle was my favorite my cell is 210-602-7585 if you have more questions
Martha E Gutierrez
Home Team of America
Mrs Diaz., the answer to your question depends on your personal needs and budget. We have many years of experience dealing with Home Builders, since 1976, and have learned that each and every buyer is unique and I will pay attention to your goals and needs. Besides, I have learned to negotiate the BEST terms, incentives and conditions for clients like you.
I wish you the very best, and if you want my help, it will be an honor to represent you.
Jose Luis Novelo
I can say that my clients have been very satisfied with DR Horton's customer service and product. I am not saying anything negative about any other homebuilder, I am simply stating what my clients have relayed to me. Finding the "right" builder for your wants and needs is really the quesion.

I mainly work with new construction homes and homebuyers in the N.W. area of San Antonio, so I would be more than happy to help you find a home and negotiate a contract with any builder you choose.

Please call me at 210-379-5098 or email me at monica@mytxproperties.com. Whether you choose me to represent you, or another REALTOR®, please don't "go it alone". REALTORS® have the experience and current market information to help you make this very important decision. Good luck to you.

Monica Barrientos-REALTOR®
http://www.mytxproperties.com
Dear Stephanie Diaz,

The question would be, which builder would be best for YOU? To determine that, I would need much more information about you. Contact me by phone (210) 744-4502 or e-mail The_Realtor4U@yahoo.com and we will figure that out for you.

Claudia McShane
Joyce Klein Realtors
http://www.SAHomes4Sale.net
Web Reference: http://www.SAHomes4Sale.net
Oh man... where do I start! There are some really good ones..

But I need a bit more info:

What is your max price range?
What type of finish-out are you looking for?
Are you looking for a custom home built on land or a home built in a neighborhood?
How soon do you need to move? Is an new inventory home ok, or do you need to build one?
West and NW is a pretty large area, is there a more specific spot you would like to focus in on?

No matter how you slice it.. I'll get you a MUCH better deal than you can get on your own, and I won't cost you a penny! I'll explain how later :)

Give me a call when you can... it's a bit much to type...

But if you prefer e-mai: Jason@SAHomeExpert.com

Or you can shoot me a text message..

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com