Msh, Home Buyer in 07722

What I really want to know is what the locals living in Colts Neck consider the very best area/section of Colts Neck, NJ to be. (MSH)

Asked by Msh, 07722 Fri Jan 22, 2010

I am not from the area and I am interested to know. A precise note that indicates street location would be helpful. I assume all waterfront property is considered the most exclusive area, but besides that there must be sections that those in Colts Neck consider the best neighborhoods!

Answers

8
Ann Marie’s answer
Being a resident myself of Colts Neck for over 33 years, there are no bad sections of this town, its a great community. Best place to raise your children, good schools,

Annmarie "Dee" Burtnick
732-539-0268
Dear MSH:

The reservoir area of Colts Neck is quite breathtaking but as a resident myself, I would say we have other great streets in town which are considered staple streets in the community for example: Clover Hill, Bucks Mill Road, Cedar Drive and Montrose Road just to name a few.

Although you couldn't go wrong with any street in Colts Neck, the best street would be the one that suits your lifestyle; Whether you love horses, looking at the water or being near the park.

Remember....with Colts Neck, you are not buying a home......you are buying a lifestyle.

Web Reference: http://www.SarahBandy.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 22, 2010
Any section of Colts Neck is considered a posh desirable community
There are many great sections in Colts Neck that are enjoyed and preferred by locals. It all really depends on what your particular lifestyle needs are and your price range. I would recommend taking a day or two and exploring the area taking notes...streets you like, type of home and location. Then you should find a realtor you would like to work with and discuss what you found. I lived on a 26 acre horse farm on the east side of Colts Neck for many years and liked it being a little closer to Red Bank and a shorter drive to the beach during the summer. Good luck in your search!
Looking for the "best" neighborhood in Colts Neck is the same as any other town, it depends on your price range, house size. acreage etc that one is looking for. Virtually all neighborhoods are rated "Good" as they all enjoy the same highly rated school system and enjoy the low density, high farm ambience of the Township. Million Dollar + Plus homes tend to be congreated together much as any other price range. Whatever your price range is you will find a good Neighborhood in Colts Neck but entry level is around $500K with a few exceptions.
Your question has already been answered by a few residents of Colts Neck. You really can't go wrong anywhere in this town. What is your definition of 'best', i.e. what are you looking for in a neighborhood?
Debbie Ross, agent AND resident of Colts Neck
Dear Msh,

Often towns are defined by school attended, Colts Neck has One Primary, One Grammar , One Middle and One High School ( which is part of the Freehold Regional School District). Population is approximately 12,000. Zoning is currently 10 acres

Is there a very best area/section of Colts Neck? As a resident and a Realtor for a Decade I do not believe there is one, the entire community is outstanding.

Carol Donatelli, CRS
Certified Residential Specialist
http://www.coltsneckschools.org/coltsneckschools/site/default.asp
Dear Msh,

I have two perspectives:

I am a resident of Colts Neck, living in a home for the past 10 years that was my in-laws' home prior to that, since 1976. The home I live in is not new and it is a simple center-hall colonial. It's on a cul-de-sac, backing up to the reservoir. There are lots of children and families on our street, young and grown. It's quiet, friendly and beautifully located. So, I love my neighborhood and consider it the the best!

I am also a local real estate agent, serving all of Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex counties. I have seen homes that are simpler than mine, on more remote streets; I've seen homes that are 4 times the size of mine, in newer developments, with pool houses, professionally landscaped yards and servants' quarters. I'm certain that residents of those homes also consider their neighborhoods the best!

I give you both perspectives to remind you that YOU must find your OWN perspective. What is it that defines 'BEST' for YOU? As a realtor, I consider myself a match-maker. I want to know what my clients are looking for, so that I can find them their dream homes.

Think about what you are looking for in a neighborhood, e.g. close neighbors or privacy, large property or easy maintenance, budget, 2-car garage, close to shopping or remote, etc. Then, make a list of what you're looking for and get in touch with me (or any other agent of your choice). Let an agent match up what you're looking for to what's available, and start looking at some homes. Or, just take a ride around Colts Neck with an agent, to view the various neighborhoods, to see what appeals to you. Then, the agent can find you something in that part of town. It costs you nothing, and will help you gain perspective.

You really can't go wrong, anywhere in Colts Neck. The schools are very good and all of Colts Neck is desirable. If you need further help, please get in touch. I'll be glad to help you.

Debbie Ross
Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
908-601-8283 (cell)