Home Buying in Brooksville>Question Details

Kay Jay, Other/Just Looking in Lexington, SC

What Closing costs are involved if you purchase a mobile home (where you own the land), and are paying cash. Thanks.

Asked by Kay Jay, Lexington, SC Sun Oct 10, 2010

Answers

4
I apologize John.

I thought you said "Nothing to record at the county, I think" and the other part stated you weren't sure of the fees that would have to be paid. My mistake, I must have misread your answer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 10, 2010
Kay
I am offended by Kevin's comment directed at me. It is not your place to apologize for me, Kevin...

That said. I did indicate that there is not a deed to record and the expenses should be minimal.
If you don't know, don't answer. Sorry about the answer below Kay Jay.

Closing costs are typically the same as if you were selling a vehicle. Mobile homes are tracked by the DMV (department of motor vehicles) or something similar in your state. The costs are minimal, and it shouldn't be much of a hassle. Depending on your county, you may need a permit to put the home on your land, so it is best to let the county know to see what they do in fact require.

Good luck to you,
Kevin
mobile homes are not considered housing for purposes of lending, so not sure what fees you have to pay, nothing is recorded at the county I think. good Luck!