CT, Home Buyer in Trumbull, CT

Wethersfield, Rocky Hill, or Newington?

Asked by CT, Trumbull, CT Sat Aug 23, 2008

My wife and I are undecided in which town to purchase a home (Wethersfield, Rocky Hill, or Newington). All three are beautiful towns, is considered "better" regarding schools, standard of living, reputation, etc.

Answers

6
Rocky hill is the stuck up town I lived there for 20 yrs. More built up and richer on the west end of town, but I like the older sections the best. Real safe-can walk in the sidewalked neighborhoods at night! Good schools and great neighborhoods! Kind of snotty though-people think they are richer and better then they really are-take it from me a resident with a high profile family living in Rocky Hill! Newington and Wethersfield seem a little more down to earth-yet Newington has New Britain spilling over into it . Wethersfield has Hartford spilling over into it as well. L Tulisano
Rocky hill is the best choice, although Wethersfield is a pretty town with a historic past. Hang Dog Lane and the area around rocky Hill and Newington are the best.
My husband and I are currently selling our home in RH. Great neighborhood and beautiful home. We lived in Newington for 8 years and RH is a much better town in our opinion. We are selling to downsize abit, but plan on staying in RH!!
David,

As you said "all three are beautiful towns". And, as Jeff said, as realtors we are careful to not say some aspect of a town is better or worse than another. It all comes down to a matter of your personal preferances. We do, however, have a wealth of information that we can point you to so that you can learn more about the communities and schools that interest you. And, of course the realtor you choose to work with can certainly take you around each town and show you where everything in those towns are located. Most of us tend to know particularly well perhaps at least about a dozen towns surrounding the towns our respective offices and/or homes are located. Personally, I happen to have lived in Wethersfield for over a couple of decades; lived in Newington before that; yet keep an office in the town of Glastonbury (which is directly across the river from Wethersfield and Rocky Hill).

Back to learning more about the communities and schools that interest you. There is a wealth of information we assemble, so feel free to take advantage of community and school information in snap-shot report forms. Click on our site listed below if you like and you will find a long list of topics under the Buying Your Home tab in the community and school information areas, including content about demographics, family attractions, cultural attractions, and transportation among others. The Snap-Shot Reports there will give you statistics on schools including location, student-teacher ratio, and students per class. The statistics on communities include data on average age, and average earnings. Click on the links that are of interest and find the information that matters to you!

Best wishes for your pending move up to our area!
Ralph Ovalle
Web Reference: http://www.RalphOvalle.com
I am a realtor whose office is located in Newington. As realtors, our ethics training does not allow us to "steer" clients toward or away from certain areas. The best way to choose the right community for your family is to do your research : 1. Check each town's website to view community services, events, statistics etc. 2. Visit each town to experience it's neighborhoods, downtown and surrounding areas to see how things such as schools, shops, medical care, libraries, traffic, highway access etc. affects your needs. 3. Compare home prices and tax rates for comparable homes in each town. You may find that you get a lot more value for your money from one town to the next. Good Luck!
My wife and I are agents in the Greater Hartford area. We are both very familiar with the towns you mentioned. If you would like to gain some insight regarding the area you can go to our website at: http://www.greaterhartfordproperties.com. We both work in Glastonbury and would be able to asssist you and your wife if needed.
As they say....beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so to say one is better than another, only you can decide. As far as schools go....I suggest that you visit http://www.greatschools.net. This is a site that you can compare all the schools in CT. Also check out http://www.therivervalleybook.com. This site has a wealth of information on the area for you.
Better yet, come on up for a visit and a tour and see for yourself.....I would be happy to show you around.

Amanda