Home Buying in Acton>Question Details

Valuable Time, Home Buyer in Massachusetts

Westford/Acton school districts

Asked by Valuable Time, Massachusetts Mon May 13, 2013

I select a house that falls within Acton school district, however is located in Westford. How does the school admissions works? Should I still go to Westford school or Acton schools?

Answers

6
If the house is in Westford and they pay Westford taxes I would assume they would go to Westford.
I would call the Acton School and ask them their thoughts.
Let me know if I can answer any other questions.
Debra
According to the superintendent office you need to have the property address to get an answer to this question. The rule of thumb is that if the bedrooms are in Acton then the house in Acton school system, if the bedrooms are in Westford then you can expect to be in Westford school system. To get a definite answer please call the town clerk with the property address. Feel free to call me directly at 978-500-0926 if you have any other questions
I think you need to figure out which town the house sits in. Sounds like the house lot may be in both towns.
I would first make sure that you can definitely attend an Acton school with a Westford address. Both towns have excellent schools. I would tour the schools and pick one that you feel is the right fit for you and your children.
The best way to learn how the admissions works for each school is to visit them or call them so that they can explain their admission process in detail and you can then make a more informed decision.
You can also check school and district profiles here: http://profiles.doe.mass.edu/. Good luck
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com

I would suggest that you approach both of the school systems which rank high in the state of Mass and find out your options. Acton is very sought out because of their school systems. Let me know if you have anymore questions I would be happy to help you. Jenniferhaloon.com