Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

Zico, Home Buyer in Santa Clara, CA

Westbury community by Brookfield Homes in San Jose

Asked by Zico, Santa Clara, CA Sun Aug 12, 2012

Any thoughts on the new homes (Westbury) being built in Blossom Valley by Brookfield? The schools are pretty so-so, how is the location in terms of safety, social activity and commute? Thanks.

Answers

8
really nice homes with long term appreciation potential...I recommend you see this before you visit/contact any builder
http://americarealtyonline.com/RealtorWebPage?custompage_id=…

good luck!
BUYER CASH REBATE 50%-60% / SELLER DISCOUNT 50%

Quality Full Service! Work directly with the Broker/Owner.
Flavio Tejada, MBA-Finance, Realtor, Broker/Owner
(415) 305-2958
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
Hi Zico,
Well the other agents covered your question pretty well, I'd add that if you get a home there make sure it does not back up onto hywy 85. As my office is right down the street I drive by it every day. As for commute you have very easy access to hywy 85, your close to the mall which has dinning and movie theaters, also close are home depo, whole foods,trader joes, costco, so you are kind of covered in that area, there also is a nice park on Cahalan within walking distance. I would insure that you make sure you bring an agent with you so that you can get the best terms and location in the complex.
If you have any questions or need of assistance I have experience in purchasing new homes.
At your service,
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
CDPE
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
I met the same situation as the following two buyers. The Model house looks nice and location is good, but I've never seen such rude and unprofessional sales. So I walked away.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Wow, I received the exact same treatment. Incredibly rude sales person (Judy was great but the other woman was terrible), I enquired about the pricing of various options and I was given a dirty look and told I'd have to be in contract first to find out the prices. WTF, I shot back with a dirty look of my own and asked if it made any sense to lay down 700k if you didn't know the price of potentially 10's of thousands in options.....she quickly found someplace else to be after this exchange.
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
We also considered buying one of their homes in the first phase until we spoke to one of the rude sales woman there. We were simply asking about the lot size . She rudely interrupted us when we we're trying to ask more questions.
It was a complete turn off. I guess she made our decision for us to buy elsewhere.
I live in Blossom Valley/Santa Teresa area and love the convenience it has to offer. I commute to Sunnyvale daily. During rush hours, the commute takes about 45 minutes on average one-way, but that does not seem to bother me that much. I feel a tad safer in the Santa Teresa neighborhood but will not hesitate to walk around in Blossom Valley either.

If there is anyone else who in interested in Westbury or any Brookfield homes in NorCal, make sure you get a buyer agent before the first visit. I am not a realtor but a buyer instead. While I like the look and feel of the new homes there and almost bought one of the lots in the first phase, I was astounded by the poor manner (i.e. talking while eating, leaving in the middle of a conversation, etc.) and arrogance (i.e. turning her back on you, her way or the highway) carried by one of the Sales Managers. All of these occurred before and during my attempt to negotiate for a better term on the "upgrades", which IMO indicates it would be another nightmare when dealing with closing and inspection, etc. After all, I received an apology from corporate with a mediocre solution that I have decided not to accept.

I did not have a buyer agent when visiting Westbury, so once again here is my advice to all the potential buyers here: Find yourself a buyer agent before visiting a new home. Think twice before believing that builder reps are going to give you great customer service by taking your best interest into accounts
It depends on what you are looking for in buying a home.

Where do you commute to?
Do you have children now? If so what are their ages?
How long do you plan on living in the home?
What is your price point?
What are your needs in a home?
And more....

Agents are not to comment on safety etc. as it can be construed as being bias. Also, what is acceptable to one is not acceptable to another. Some of the most desirable neighborhoods have had crime. I recommend that buyers visit http://www.CrimeReports.com and check out the individual homes they are considering. It will give you a better view of the neighborhood then you can decide what level of safety you are comfortable living in.

Have an amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
Hi Zico,
The new homes at Westbury community by Brookfield are nice. They have very nice floorplans. The interiors feel quite spacious. The yards are a little small, but that's to be expected when you buy a brand new home.

The schools are not bad, ok, or pretty so-so, depending on your school standards.

The location is safe. I've driven and walked around that neighborhood at night. The people are friendly.

The location along Blossom Hill Road is convenient to your everyday needs, such as shopping, dining. What social activities do you like?

The commute can be challenging. How flexible is your work schedule?

If you decide to look into this or any other new home community, then let me know. With new home communities, you have to accompany your agent on your first visit, or else you forfeit your right to have your own agent on your side. Of course, I would be glad to be your agent for any of the multiple new home communities in the Bay Area.

Robert Lei
Century 21 M&M and Associates
(408) 893-2410
Thank you for your question, Zico:

I Consider the Blossom Valley to be a very safe community.

With respect to social activity, I need to know which social activies you are looking for.

With respect to the commute, I do consider the commute out of the Blossom Valley to San Jose, Santa Clara, Cupertino and the other employment centers to be a rather time consuming one through heavy traffic.

For more information you may call me at my cell phone: (408)509-6218

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872
.