Home Buying in Boston>Question Details

yiwen.gao0724, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

West somerville

Asked by yiwen.gao0724, Boston, MA Wed Oct 9, 2013

How is the neighborhood? I know the area that is close to davis sq is pricy, but how about the area that is >=1miles to davis sq.
I noticed that the condo there often can stay in the market for a while

Answers

8
West Somerville is a good area - walking, shops, near Tufts, and not too far from the T. However, you would have to walk a distance to the T. If a condo is on the market for an extended period time, there are usually a few reasons:

1. Overpriced compared to other condos that have sold recently
2. When viewed in person, something is "wrong" with the condo that aren't shown in the photos. That could range from an old heating system, to an obviously junkyard neighbor, to a odd layout in general. It depends. You would have to look at the property.
3. Condo fees are super high
4. Problem with other condo units - people who live, condo association doesn't have funds, foreclosure on a condo or condos.

Anyway, my 2 cents (former realtor).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
I have always liked Somerville - was the first place I lived when I arrived here. You can reach me at http//:FurChin.net
If you'd like, I could help you pick up a 1 bed, 1.5 miles to Davis for just around $165K.

If you are looking for a great lender please give me a call at 8103353503 or send me an email at wallen@proficiomortgage.com and I can send you an inquiry form to see if we can get you pre qualified

William Allen
Hi ... it is really question of preferences, for lots of people, walking access to the train, restaurants and stores is a must and they pay premium to be close to these amenities. The demand can simply be higher for this location.
I lived that area during my college years and worked out of a real estate office in Davis a few years back. I'd be happy to talk about it.

John Yemma
The Yemma Group
Vanguard Realty
54 Harvard Street, Brookline 02445
317 Washington Street, Brighton 02135
508.843.0085 mobile || 617.789.4700 e-fax
http://www.vanguard-realty.com
Somerville is a great place to live.
Please contact us to help you find the right place for you.
Please get our contact info and check us out at our site, link below:
Kind regards,
thank you , could you explain why do some condos can stay in the market for a while?
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013
You can get a good deal there. Are you looking to move into a unit or as an investment property to rent out give me a call or email me and we can go into details.