Home Buying in Martinsburg>Question Details

Sarah Branch, Home Buyer in Groton, CT

Well water?????

Asked by Sarah Branch, Groton, CT Wed Nov 5, 2008

the water in West Virginia good quality and reasonably safe? Also what is my chances of wells running dry? We've never lived anywhere that was not under a public system. Thanks......

Answers

1
I believe I speak for most people when I say that the Well Water in WV is pretty good. The water does tend to have a slightly higher Iron content, which makes the water a bit hard. This is why most people have water softeners in their home. I have never known there to be problems with well water safety. I would recommend to my clients that they have all well tested before purchasing a property, just to be safe!

As for wells running dry, that would very from well to well. Most people I know with well water have not had many propblems in recent years. However the depth of the well and amount of rain are major factors in this and can vary from year to year.