Bulls23, Home Buyer in South Bend, IN

Well it has been 45 days since we accepted the counter from the bank on a short sale home and still no word realator is not giving us any info at all.

Asked by Bulls23, South Bend, IN Mon Jul 11, 2011

Has anyone been through this before? The bank is Bank of America we submitted our offer on the home Feb. 20, 2011....should we walk away from it? Just trying to get some information for my wife and I.

Answers

1
Yes its tough, especially so since you are dealing with Bank of America.

If your Realtor is not giving you information its probably because she hasnt been given any information by the bank. Is she calling them weekly for updates?

If you were my clients I would recommend you keep looking for another home while you are waiting on their answer. If you find something you like, then you can withdraw your offer to purchase on the short sale. This has been a successful strategy for the young couple I have been working with. They will be closing on their home in 2 weeks! (Not the short sale home)

Jody Jones
574.214.2746