footski97, Home Buyer in 06791

We would like to purchase our first home. Just found out our credit scores my husbands is 682 and I don't have one. What are our chances??

Asked by footski97, 06791 Fri Nov 15, 2013

Answers

9
I know several lenders that require just a 580 credit score. I can recommend a lender or two that can help you now.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 18, 2013
There are "methods" for building your credit scores. My suggestion is to contact one of premier local banks, and seek the advice of a top mortgage officer on how to improve/build credit scores.

Tom Lynch
Associate Broker, Massachusetts, New York, and Connecticut
Berkshire Property Agents
12 Railroad Street
Great Barrington, Massachusetts 01230
http://www.berkshirepropertyagents.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 15, 2013
682 is a score that most banks will accept for a mortgage loan. Try Sara Oconnell at Salisbury Bank....its a great local bank and they have been very good with buyers lately
thanks,
Sam Fitz
Very good! Now to find the right home.
Your husband's credit score meets both FHA and Conventional guidelines so you're in good shape from that aspect. It would be best for us to speak so I can gain a clearer snapshot of your scenario which will allow me to weigh out your options so ensure you receive an ideal payment. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to make sure you receive accurate and authentic information.

Kindest regards,

Paul F. Marzolla
Sr. Mortgage Advisor
(201) 957-6768
I am also local, so let me know if I can help you find a good mortgage lender.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
If you don't have a credit score, you can ask your husband to add you to his credit cards as an authorized user. As long as he has always paid them on time and isn't carrying more than 50 percent of their credit line, you will have a good score within 30 days after you are added. You need a score to be on the mortgage with him.
Thank you for your response. Neither of us have ever had a credit card this is a mistake that we both made. We didn't want to be one of the many who get in over their heads with debt. We both work and have worked at the same company for over a decade. Our car is in my husbands name only.
Flag Sun Nov 17, 2013
Are you working? If so, do you need your income to qualify? We have alternative credit line loan programs, if that is the case. Otherwise, your husband's score should work.

Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail. I am have been lending since 1987 and would be happy to answer your mortgage questions.

Bart Gabe
Lending Since 1987
800 315 8803 - 7 days a week
http://www.bartprequalifies.com
Please contact me via email and I will put you in touch with someone who is qualified to get you the answers, and help you need.