Home Buying in Palo Alto>Question Details

Rock & Roll, Home Buyer in Palo Alto, CA

We will put a sizeble down payment to buy a house in CA for our daughter, we would like our names on the title. Can it be done after the Escrow?

Asked by Rock & Roll, Palo Alto, CA Sun Apr 24, 2011

Add title after the Escrow?

Help the community by answering this question:


Steven’s answer
The escrow company handling the sale can prepare the Deed, so that immediately after closing (or whenever you choose), they'll execute it and you'll be on title.

Some lenders will allow non-occupant co-borrowers to be on the loan and on title from the beginning. If you want to be on title, you may as well be on the loan.

Another consideration is staying off title and just recording a 2nd trust deed on the property. Some parents don't want to be exposed to any potential legal risks of being on title with their kids, or vice versa; children don't want surprise liens showing up from litigious parents.

There are considerations to be taken with either of these routes that haven't been addressed on this forum.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
It can be done after COE. Actually, it is a very simple process, fill out the (I think) Community Property Deed and have it notarized , send it in with a small fee ... call your county recorder to make sure you get the right form from them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 24, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer