Home Buying in 12306>Question Details

bevbressette, Home Buyer in Rotterdam, NY

We will be paying cash for our home do we still need to get a R.A or just having a lawyer for the closing process good enough?

Asked by bevbressette, Rotterdam, NY Fri Jul 27, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Dennis Evans’ answer
You should always have a Real Estate Agent represent you as they have excellent experience in the field and the seller pays for the commission. This gives you a solid edge and may reap many rewards.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 2, 2013
I feel an Real Estate agent is always helpful.

Victoria Fobare
Sterling Homes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012
Regardless the method of payment no reason not to hire an attorney....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012
It is always a good idea to have someone representing your interests as there is more involved with purchasing a home besides handing money over. An agent that represents the buyer gets paid by the listing broker; that being said, there is not any harm or loss of money in having a Realtor working on your behalf. Feel free to contact me should you like assistance, 330-2230.

Jason Bustelos; LREB
New York Realtor Group, LLC

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 27, 2012
If you mean real estate agent by ra the answer is it's up to you. No-one ever has to have a real estate agent, they can simply go through the sellers agent, or if it's a FSBO then just the lawyers. However, having a buyer's agent that acts to protect your best interests isn't a bad idea, especially if the agent gets paid from the commision offered by the seller. With a buyer's agent you can confide your bidding strategy, most you can pay, most you want to pay etc. and they can devise a strategy for you. A seller's agent is obligated to tell act in the best interest of the seller, that conflicts with your best interests. If you didn't mean real estate agent by R.A. please disregard lol.
Thank you
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 27, 2012
I'm not sure what you mean by "R.A", but, even paying cash, I would highly recommend a title policy so that due diligence can be done to verify clear title. I know of a case where a buyer was sued after purchase by an heir who was not consulted and laid claim to the sold property. Good Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 27, 2012
"R.A" =realestate agent. we were just wondering if we needed to get our own agent if we were just buying or if a realestate lwyer was good enough?
Flag Fri Jul 27, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer