Home Buying in Canyon Lake>Question Details

Irene, Home Buyer in Knoxville, TN

We were told recently that the north side of the lake is undesirable because of sewage from the resorts being dumped into the lake. Is this true?

Asked by Irene, Knoxville, TN Tue May 1, 2012

This is an ugly rumor. Some of the most expensive homes are located on the north side of Canyon Lake. Residents of Canyon Lake as well as the Comal county officials would never allow this.

Additionally, there are strict county laws concerning septic systems that are enforced with immediate shut down.....private resident or commerical.

Thank you for asking and I hope this puts a stop to such nonsense.
The best way to check this out would be to check with the Comal County Engineer's Office, link below:

If they can't help you ask them who can.

You can also check with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, link below

Hope that helps and let me know.

I have been selling real estate in the Canyon Lake area for years and I have never heard that before. I know that the Corps of Engineers takes care of the lake and if that were the case, I am sure the Corps would be involved. The Corps of Engineers office is located off the the South Access Rd. by the dam. If you have any other questions or concerns, please dont hesitate to contact me. The only down side I see to the North side of the lake is it is a little further to drive to any major grocery store.

Thank You,
Steve Johnson
Relocation Specialist
Fine Homes International
Prudential Don Johnson
1415 FM 2673
Canyon Lake, TX 78133
Cell: (210) 325-1833
Bus: (830) 964-4355
Fax: (830) 964-4365