Home Buying in Venice>Question Details

William Jaco…, Home Seller in De Kalb, TX

We want to move from Texas to Venice area. Need to know - who is a good home inspection company to use, what about sinkhole insurance?

Asked by William Jacobs, De Kalb, TX Sat Mar 9, 2013

have a house to sell in NE Texas first. Wanting a safe, secure place to live without too many restrictions.

David Barr’s answer
Hi William:

Once my clients go to contract on a property, I then give them a list of 5 or 6 inspectors to choose from and a list of question they should ask to help them decide. Buyers can also use their own inspector if they choose.

A Realtor should never give a recommendation on a home inspector as a best practice, because there could be issues that arise from a conflict of interest.

In this area of FL, we are relatively hurricane and sink-hole free, because of our unique geography.

I'd be happy to help you find a home in our area once you sell in Texas.

David Barr, Broker Associate
Allison James Homes and Estates
Hi William,
The Venice and Englewood markets are not know to have any sink hole problems. Email me or call me if you would like 3 choices and of course my reccomendation when your ready to interview agents..
Ask people you may know for licensed home inspector referrals; also see link http://www.ashi.org/ As for the insurance, contact a few local agencies and ask for free quotes based on your needs...
Hi William, you must have seen the news story about the sink hole in Seffner. In our area this type of event is very rare if any. Here is a link to sink hole maps in Florida,

And here is a link to the MLS where you can search for properties, or I can build you a web page in the MLS that will work for you 24/7. Why spend countless hours searching the internet when the web page will do that for you. No cost & no obligation, just email home criteria and I'll get the page up and running in 24 hours or less. Steve
MLS Link

Thank You,
Steven Chapman
Venice Real Estate Company
5 Star Professional Award Exceptional Service & Customer Satisfaction 2011, 2012 & 2013
SFR- Certified Short Sale & Foreclosure Specialist
WCR Award Winner Multi Million Dollar Producer
214 Tampa Avenue West
Venice, FL 34285
Cell 941.716.7591
Office 941.244.5227
Fax 941.412.4254
Venice Resident for 33 Years
I agree with Tammy, this area has a lot of clay in our ground and sink holes are not prevalent. When they occur which is very rare, the are very slow growing. There are a lot of great inspectors, but you may want to choose one that is also a certified general contractor and can do a wind mitigation at the same time. Fee free to contact us any time at http://www.FLShoresRealEstate.com for more information.
Sinkholes are not that prevalent in this part of Florida. I can send you a list of local home inspectors and home insurance companies to contact. As far as searching for homes in Venice, I would be happy to send you some listings to start reviewing if you could provide your search criteria. You can also search on my web page at: http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/. You can contact me as indicated below and I will get you set up.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty