Natasha Sull…, Home Buyer in Honolulu, HI

We want to buy our first home, How do we go about getting an agent to help us?

Asked by Natasha Sulley, Honolulu, HI Sat Mar 23, 2013

Answers

4
Dan & Jirius are both highly-regarded agents here.
Mack, You are a gentleman, a scholar and a good agent yourself.
Flag Sat Mar 23, 2013
Natasha,
Your question appears in Washington, but it says you are from HI, are you moving here to the NW? If so, you may find yourself overwhelmed with offers to help. First time buyers have many questions and relocating first time buyers will have that many more.
To find a great agent to work with, start by deciding the area you are interested in. If Parkland is your focus, a local agent from there will serve you better than I could. If Sammamish, east of Seattle were a consideration I would easily recommend my services.
Once you have an idea where you want to end up, consider the agents who respond ot the question who live and serve your preferred area.
I encourage you to find an agent who knows the area, is busy enough to know their business well but not someone who doesn't have time to answer your questions or work with you.
A first time buyer often needs a very patient agent, someone who will answer the same question in as many different ways as it takes until you understand the answer. You are making a huge investment; you deserve to be comfortable asking anything you need to that helps you with your process.
Feel free to interview some agents, ask for their years of experience, how many transactions they've closed in the past year or two and their comfort with a first time buyer.
Look up the agents; do they have a website, a blog and answers here on Trulia? Get to know who they are. You need an agent you can trust with this process, the better you know them the easier and safer this can be.
I hope this was helpful.
I would be happy to get you a referral if you let me know where you are looking. I know how to screen agents to find you the best available & would be glad to help you. If you are interested, just contact me directly.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
Web Reference: http://tristarfinance.com
Go to "Find a Pro" and contact the top three and pick the one you click with best.