Home Buying in Brenham>Question Details

viv.richards…, Home Buyer in Brenham, TX

We've just found our dream house in Brenham, but we've just taken a look at the crime map and now we're worried.

Asked by viv.richards101, Brenham, TX Tue Mar 11, 2014

We love the house, but the higher-than-national-average violent crime level really surprised us. We are a young couple, one of us works in Houston and will be commuting each day. We adore the house but of course want to feel safe as we build a life in the Brenham community; we are trying to get some perspective on the statistics and we don't yet know anyone in Brenham to ask about whether or not the criminal element in town really affects their lives and sense of well-being. We have previously lived in towns in Texas and overseas with average and below-average crime levels. Brenham residents, could you please tell us your thoughts?

Answers

2
Hi Viv,

As my peer mentioned unfortunately crime is a part of our world everywhere today. I would suggest doing some REAL research. Really did in to the stats/ information you have to determine what types of crime are occurring and how often. Remember that Brenham is not a large city. The populous is much lower so the stats can be skewed relative to the population size overall. Find out how many reports/ filings actually have occurred I the last year. The local Brenham police depart. is a great place to start.

I would also suggest the use of a professional Realtor to guide your process. We know Brenham. Our Realtors are local and have lived there their whole lives. We can put our expertise and knowledge of the market to work for you and find the perfect home for you and your family. Feel free to visit us at www. CornerstoneNewHomeSolutions.com. Our Brenham specialist, Bridget Garner is ready to help you find your dream home today.

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions

979-337-4721
BridgetGarner11@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 11, 2014
Hi Viv, Brenham is a great town. Like everywhere there is some crime. I moved here from Houston 25 years ago and have been helping buyers find the right home in the right location. I would be happy to help you find your home in Brenham where you will feel safe and happy to be a part of the Brenham community of great families.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 11, 2014