Home Buying in Round Rock>Question Details

Tes, Home Buyer in Palm Beach County, FL

We trying to decide where to live: Round Rock, TX or nearby Seattle, WA? Help me out, we are mid 30's couple with 10 month boy.

Asked by Tes, Palm Beach County, FL Wed Apr 6, 2011

Answers

11
What a huge difference , have you visited any of these 2 cities? I would recommend prior to making any decision, have an extended vacation

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 7, 2011
Hi Tes,

Round Rock has so much to offer located just outside of Autin, TX and is a great community to raise a family. The area has strong jobs, affordable housing , awesome schools http://www.roundrockisd.org/, good family values, great restaurants, shopping (Round Rock Outlets, IKEA, Target, SAMS), numerous parks, access to major hospitals (including Dell Children's Hospital), and too much more for young families to name in a short email.

Next time you are in the area, give me a ring and either myself or one of my colleagues can show you around. I am also in my 30's with small children and have really found a long-term home!

Greg
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 7, 2011
Hi, this is hard question. I could possibly send you some demographics of the two regions to help with your decision and if decide what area is a good fit for your growing family, Nothnagle has a relocation service to help you locate a broker in the area you chose, so you not moving there without some guidance to what's available. The service is FREE
Dear Tes,

We used to live in Orlando Fl and we were asking the same question to move to Austin/ Round Rock or Seattle where my brother used to live. After looked at both city we decided Austin mostly because of weather and economy. Another great part of living in Austin/ Round Rock is you still close to 3 major cities within two hours, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio. And you can be at the gulf ( beach) in 3 1/2 hrs.
We live in Round Rock very close to Cedar Park.
If you like more information please call 512-924-7326.
Sean Motalebi
Dear family,

Currently, I am working for Gehan Homes at Walsh Trails. You must check out Walsh Trails Community in Cedar Park just next to Round Rock. The area is so beautiful, our children attend Excellent RR school district. Here at WT, it feels like you are living out in the country and yet you are so close to everything. Walsh Trails is off Brushy Creek Road across the street from Brushy Creek Park (please check out the website for parks at Cedar Park). WT offers an amazing lifestyle & Gehan offers beautiful homes boasting great designs, value and quality. Please visit us at: http://www.gehanhomes.com. My name is Seema Gulati selling real estate in Texas and Colorado since 1986. Eager to hear from you and to help you.

Please feel free to contact me for more information. 512-573-0730 cell.

Wishing you all the best,
~Seema
Web Reference: http://www.Gehanhomes.com
Very cool cities. I've visited both, for work and for pleasure. Either would be a good choice. But, in my opinion, they both have the same downside, too: traffic.

You probably consider yourselves to be young and hip. Maybe a little artsy/creative? Possibly into the music scene? Both cities are awesome in that regard.

Weather-wise, you're talking night and day. In Texas, we say we have only two seasons - Spring and Summer. Our Fall is super short, and our Winter is almost non-existent. In Seattle, WA, which is a city I love to visit, the rains and overcast skies would get to me in the long run. I grew up in Southern California, so a bright blue sky is an absolute must for me. I love the big blue skies in Texas. Texas has hills, but nothing I would call a mountain. Seattle has mountains and tons of trees. The scenery far outshines Round Rock.
The absolute bitterest Winter weather I ever encountered was one January business trip in Seattle. But, there are few places more oppressive in August than Texas. You won't find a tsunami pickup spot anywhere in Round Rock, TX. Like I said - night and day in regard to the environment.

You're going to find the housing market fairly comparable. Popular areas, with a trend toward a seller's market most of the time.

Visit both. "Home" is something that is unique to each person, and it cannot be defined for you. Your real estate agent just helps you get in touch with the emotions evoked by a community, so you can define it for yourself.

Have a blessed day!
Ronda
Tes,

Both locations, Austin and Seattle, are vibrant cities of the future with good economics, job opportunities, great qualities of life, excellent educational systems, and recreation galore. You do have different weather climates/patterns. You owe it to yourself and family to spend some quality time in each area to try and get a feel for where you think you and your family will be the happiest and most satisfied. Relax! Look at the up side- either way you win.

Stephen B. McClain, Broker/Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions
512 876-3116
smcclain@cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com
No one can answer this question for you but yourselves! If you like warm weather and do not mind some hot humid days in the summer and want to move in an area that is still growing and prospering then you may consider Texas! West Houston near the energy corridor is still a prosperous growing area!

If you like mountains and the economy is good but the cost of living is high....maybe Seattle. Do your research and check out the real estate market in both areas. The Cost of living is much less in Texas. The middle class lives quite comfortably in Texas compared to the West or East coast. Your $$$'s are "Bigger" in TEXAS!
Tes,
Don is a good resource for Texas, I've visited but never lived there. Seattle though is my home and I confess I'm a fan. I live in the suburbs east of the city, near Redmond the home of Microsoft. We have a growing vibrant community with a growing international flavor, transplants from all over the US and a few of us natives.
With the city close by we have major music, sports and theater we also enjoy our time outdoors with lots of lakes, rivers, mountains & trails.
My three kids enjoy a great variety of opportunities from technology, music, sports, camping, hiking, fishing and bicycle trails to everywhere.
Yes, we get lots of rain and occasional snow in the winter, but summers are tolerable and beautiful.
I encourage you to visit both cities and get a sense for yourself what would work well for your family.
You can try researching each place on the web. Visit the home page for the City and the Chamber of Commerce. You should be able to check out the local newspaper online and see if anything of interest is going on. Always check out the State issued school report card. Before you purchase a property, you MUST check out the registered sex offenders list. There's nothing worse than moving in and discovering your neighbor is on it!

Take a weekend trip and visit each place. Delta has cheap, last minute weekend flights. They post them on Monday. God luck!

If I'm showing homes and see the neighbor going to the mailbox, I somethings walk over with my Buyers and ask about the neighborhood. You'll get the good, bad and the ugly. I 've gotten the real lo-down on schools, best resturants, parks and neighborhood activities.
Hello Tes,

Austin/Round Rock is a great place to live. So is Seattle but i have not lived there. I think you should really come down and visit the area if you have not done so already. Weather wise I am thinking they are very different. It's mostly sunny here in Texas and i do like that. The Summer's are very hot and can take some getting used too but we have nice weather deep into the fall and even the occasional 70 degree day in the middle of winter.

If you would like an Austin relocation guide I can send you one. It covers Austin and the surrounding cities like Round Round and others. Just email me your address information and I will send you the booklet.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker | Consultant
Buy - Sell - Lease - Invest
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com