Laraine, Other/Just Looking in

We rented out our home in Charlotte, NC that we were unable to sell. Is possible to qualify for a new home loan so that we can buy a home in Omaha?

Asked by Laraine, Sat Feb 9, 2013

Answers

6
Laraine,

If you want to explore whether you can get pre-approved for a new home here in Omaha, feel free to contact me. The issue is complex depending on several factors, but we can explore those and work to
getting you into a new home here in the heartland.

Dennis W Clark
402-333-5432
NMLS#13970
Freedom Lending, LLC
dennis@mortgageloansofamerica.com
Many lenders require you to have 30% equity in the rental home to count the income. I would suggest speaking with a lender for a solid answer. They will do a debt to income analysis to let you know what you qualify for. Call me if I can suggest a lender 402-880-7000
Once your home is rented, it is considered more of an investment property so you should be able to qualify for a loan if your credit is in good standing.
Hi Lorraine,

That would depend on your credit scores and debt-to-income ratio. Speak to a mortgage broker who could pull your numbers and advise accordingly.

Celebrity Homes has 4 preferred lenders that could help you. http://celebrityhomesomaha.com/financing.html You may qualify for a new home loan even though you still own a home in NC. The lender can help determine this for you-

If you would like to visit our model homes, please stop out to 6016 S 191st Terrace (corner of 192 & Y Street) I have 3 models here you can tour noon to 6 every day. I have represented Celebrity for over 15 years. http://www.TucsonDLX.com
I would love to help you find the perfet new home to fit your needs.
We build in Gretna, La Vista, Bellevue, Elkhorn & Millard.
Hi Laraine. It depends on your debt-to-income ratio and the usual qualifying factors such as credit score, etc. It would be best to get with a lender to determine your ability to purchase a home here in Omaha. If you need the name of a few local lenders, send me an email and I will provide contact information. Also, let me know if you would like me to set up a search. I would love for you to consider me when choosing a Realtor to help you through the home-buying process - you won't be disappointed!

Suzan Downing
Keller Wiliams
402-689-0121
suzandowning@kw.com