Atb, Home Buyer in 75034

We're looking to buy in Frisco and looking for advice on which subdivisions would be best for us. We would ideally like to be close to the

Asked by Atb, 75034 Mon Jan 11, 2010

tollway and further south than north. We would also love an area like pearson farms or starwood but we're looking to spend at max 280K. Please help!

Answers

12
Bruce Lynn’s answer
My quick thought is Hertigage Lakes or Lone Star Ranch.
You might also save some taxes if you pick a neighborhood in Denton County vs Collin County.
This can also provide LISD instead of FISD if that appeals to you.
If you would like to keep posted of what's for sale in a specific neighborhood just follow the link below.

Web Reference: http://www.dfwSnapshot.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
A thorough interview conducted by a real estate agent doesn't stop with city and price. There are a lot more questions we have to ask you to do our job right. Close to the tollway and further South than North defines a very limited geographic area for Frisco, and also very sought-after. Thus, the budget you set is going to restrict the offerings.

When Frisco was just in it's infancy, we would receive buyer inquiries about Castle Hills in Carrollton/Lewisville. Buyers wanted homes like those, but on a lower price point. The same builders were building in Frisco for $75k-100k less. Many of those buyers opted to drive a few more minutes in their daily commute to get the right house for a lot less money. $250,000 to $350,000 has been a VERY popular price range in Frisco since the economy took a turn in 2008. The corporate buyers who moved here from states like California are coming here today as much more conservative buyers - and likely paying off some debt with their equity, so they have less to invest with when they arrive in DFW. Your price range is squeezed by both the move-up buyer and the downsizing buyer.

Frisco is still a very popular destination, so 2010 is going to be a year where buyers searching for homes under $300,000 will need to act quickly and hope they don't get into a multiple offer situation over a home. I would not begin to recommend subdivisions without finding out more about your personal goals, likes and dislikes, and your wish list for your next home. You said 'We', so I presume there is a significant other in the picture, and they deserve to be interviewed as well, so you are really only touring homes that you'd both actually consider buying.

The help you requested is only a phone call away. Call any of us who responded on trulia.com. We're all locals - although I would personally give preference to agents in Frisco, Plano, Prosper, Allen and McKinney - since we're the ones working in and around the North Dallas suburbs. I'd also pay attention to the level of achievement they've reached on trulia.com (PRO/VIP/Level 1-2-3). Some of us have been using this site for years, so there is a lot of dialogue captured online and you can get to know us through our responses to questions and our blogs. All of us are here to help. You get to decide who helps you.

By the way, 3111 Camden Bluff Road in Pearson Farms just entered the market yesterday. It's a 4-bedroom single story home with 3262sf of living space, and it's priced at $285,000 list. There is a strong possibility it could be negotiated successfully to meet your budget cap. It's only offering a 2.5% buyer's agent commission, which is going to be a turn-off to some agents. Frisco is an area where we typically see 3-6% offered because of the mix of resale and new construction homes in our vicinity. This home on Camden Bluff is one of the smaller homes in Pearson Farms, but, it will very likely take a buyer quickly, because the first rule of real estate is location. Being so close to the Legacy Business Corridor and all the Fortune 500's in the area, plus all the community amenities of Frisco, Pearson Farms no doubt has high marks for location. MLS#11327206. It isn't showing up on trulia.com yet, but it can be emailed to you from our North Texas Multiple Listing Service if you want to provide your email address (to one of us - not publicly in this forum).

Have a blessed day!
Ronda

Ronda Allen, Realtor and Certified Purchasing Manager
CEO of comingsoonhomes.com
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs-Keith Dobbs Team
972-816-4369 7am-7pm Monday through Saturday and 12-5pm by appt. on Sundays
Follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/comingsoonhomes
Blog: http://www.trulia.com/blog/ronda_allen
A 280K max budget is very workable for the area. I am recommending these communities based on amenities they offer. However, you will still have to drive it to see your comfort level:

(1) Heritage Lakes - gated community with 3 9-hole golf courses, ponds stocked with fish (catch-and-release), clubhouse with gym facility, tennis courts at Lakeside Tennis, 24-hour guarded, playground, hike/ bike trails. Pool including lazy river. You can rent banquet rooms at the clubhouse for your parties. The HOA dues are about $400 per quarter since it is a gated community, the streets are owned and maintained by the community, not city.

(2) Lone Star Ranch consists of several different smaller communities: Saddlebrook, Lake Hill and Quail Meadow. The Lone Star Ranch has 4 swimming pools, of which one is a slide pool. Clubhouse facilities and I believe you could take fitness training classes in there. The LSR communities HOA dues are $800 per year.

(3) Heather Ridge has a community pool, hike/ bike trail and easy access to The Trails Golf Course - public golf course. It is located just north of Quail Meadows, east of Teel Parkway.

(4) Stewart Creek is just north of Heritage Lakes off Lebanon. It does not have a community pool but access to a very large park.

(5) Heritage Green typically starts in the $300Ks. Pearson Farms also in the $300Ks. And north of Pearson Farms is Wynngate (high $300Ks) and Heritage Village has homes in your budget but it is just south of Main Street. I'm naming these communities to give you an idea where they are as you drive around, you probably wonder.

Frisco is an awesome place to move to. I get super-excited when I hear there are many others who intends to join us. As we say around here, we work, live and play here. Good luck!
Your property requirements also fit your $280K profile. It would be best to look on the Search Home websites. I would suggest you sign up for property alerts too so when properties fit your criteria, you will receive instant notification.

Thank you for all the responses. More specifically, we're looking for a 4 bed and minimum of 2.5 baths. We would love to be in a young community with young families and have access to a community pool and other amenities. We would also love to have both a gameroom and media room as we're a growing family. We have one child, who is less than two. My husband works right off the tollway and 121 so we would like to keep the commute short but also be able to head into the city when needed. We considered Castle Hills area for its location and school but the prices have kept us out. We're not interested in the CH North area as it doesn't feed into CH Elementary.

We previously lived in Lake Highlands so we are unfamiliar with Frisco subdivisions or schools.
ATB- I agree- West Frisco subdivisions are great areas for commutes to DFW & North Dallas Tollway. Lone Star Ranch area, Lakes on Legacy & Heritage Green are wonderful masterplans! What are your family needs in a home? Kids- schools?

Lynn Slaney Silguero
Ebby Halliday Realtors
Frisco
972.588.8449
Web Reference: http://myDFWhouse.com
Hi There,

I have emails from several builders about Pearson Farms and other neighborhoods in West Frisco about their current specials, and many times we can negotiate for you from there successfully. In fact, we save our clients an average of 10-20%. With low interest rates, but rise's on the horizon, your smart to buy now.
I would be happy to help and advise you. It is difficult to get into Starwood for $280, in fact, there are not any homes presently available in your price point in Starwood. However, we can search foreclosure lists for you and find home in Frisco that meet your needs. Call me to get started today at no cost to you.

Please call me or email me.
Nicole Arenas, Realtor
214.991.9507
nicolearenas@ymail.com
There are a lot of great areas in Frisco that will meet your criteria. After price, my clients typically make their final determination for a home based on commute times and school preferences so it would help to know more about how these factors will impact your search.

I usually conduct a buyer interview when first meeting a potential client so we can clearly identify the most important aspects of the home search, work on pre-qualification, and generally get to know one another. This way we can target areas that will be the best match for you.

If you need an agent I'd like to apply for the job ~ you can me reach by phone at 469-450-1326 or andrea.brooks@kw.com.

Andrea Brooks
Brooks Team, Keller Williams
Web Reference: http://BrooksTeam.com
You still have lots of areas that fit you price range. I would prefer to know a lot more about your needs for finish out, lot size, bedrooms, baths, living areas and schools if that applies. However, the following subdivisions have inventory in 4 bedroom, 3 bath homes priced under $280,000: Stewart Creek Estate; Quail Meadows Village; Saddlebrook Village; & Heritage Lakes which is in Frisco but Lewisville ISD. Plantation Resort & Hunters Creek are other areas that are farther east along 121 but have good access to the Tollway. Pearson Farms has one home priced at $285,000. With the right negotiator, it might be in your range. The Highlands Of Russell Park is in the City of Plano but Frisco ISD and it has good access to 121 and the tollway.

Please feel free to use the property search on my web site and contact me through my profile information here on Trulia if you have other questions about these or other Frisco neighborhoods.
Hi!
Having previously lived in Frisco, I can say there's a lot of great neighborhoods. As Lynn stated, we have to be careful not to "steer" you toward any specific ones but with some more info from you as far as your needs/desires, we can certainly provide details on homes & areas that will meet your requirements. Give me a call if you'd like to chat more about the area. Here's a direct link to a page on my site with more info on Frisco (you can also see all of the listings there): http://www.kingrealtyteam.com/area-info/cities/frisco/

If you would like to share some more specific criteria as far as what you are looking for in your new home. I can email any properties that fit your needs and set you up a personalized webisted with homes that met your critieria. I can search by map area, subdivision, schools etc. I have lived in Frisco since 1993 and know the area extremely well. Please feel free to use my website http://www.friscohomes.net to search for area information too.

Karen Snow
karensnow@kw.com
2008-2010 Agent Leadership Council
Keller Williams Frisco
Web Reference: http://www.friscohomes.net
Dear Atb,

I would like to learn more about your search criterias to find the best available home for you and your family interests and needs.
You can also search online thorugh my website http://www.dallashomelist.com
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Pelin