Ld14088, Home Buyer in 07090

We're looking for a house in Westfield. Are there any parts of town that are less desireable? There are some reasonable priced homes close to

Asked by Ld14088, 07090 Mon Dec 5, 2011

Clark.

Answers

8
As a long-term resident of Clark, I like to think our community offers some outstanding home values. Similarly, those Westfield communities bordering Clark feature many homes that imo are comparable to others on Westfield's more elite northside, but are priced far less.

Let me know if you'd like some specific examples.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 5, 2011
Westfield is a wonderful community with a vibrant downtown and excellent schools. There are no "undesirable" parts of town. You are finding some areas less expensive because the lots are smaller and the homes are more modest, but it doesn't mean you would be in an area that would be hard to resell or has any negative connotations. Like in any town, homes on busier streets, or with 1/4 acre lots or just 1 bath will sell for less than homes with 1/2 acre, 2+ baths, and on quieter streets. Also, in a town that has a busy train station + downtown, you will absolutely pay top dollar for homes that are within walking distance to town and train. As you move further from those amenities, the prices tend to decrease. I'd be happy to give you an area tour and show you the neighborhoods that fit your budget. Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 5, 2011
Westfield offers a wide variety of home styles and prices -- whether you are looking for a small starter home, a condo convenient to the train station, or a larger home, you will likely find it in Westfield. One of the things that attracted me to Westfield 25 years ago was the variety of home architectures -- Victorians, Tudors, Colonials, as well as Cape Cods, Split Levels, and Ranch style homes. Whatever your tastes and budget, you will likely find a home to your liking. I would suggest that you select a local Realtor to work with -- someone who really knows the Town well and can help you to explore the various neighborhoods, parks, schools, etc. I'd be happy to share my perspective as both a Realtor and resident of Westfield.
Westfield is a 'destination' community exactly because it offers so much variety. As a Realtor in Westfield, I've been very excited in recent years because home prices are once again affordable in this great town . BTW , if you'ra a young person/couple/family, Westfield is particularly attractive because the people are so welcoming and inclusive.
Feel free to give me a call if you'd like to chat about real estate opportunities.
Teri Malone, Keller Williams 732-423-2792
Hi Ld,
Sounds like you are getting a lot of good advice. Westfield is a wonderful town. I have lived in Westfield for the past 20+ years, My children all went to Westfield Schools and are currently attending or just graduated from wonderful Universities, I have been a Realtor in Westfield for over 20 years and would love to show you around the town and explain the different neighborhoods. I live 3 blocks from town and also own investment property in town that is walking distance to the train.
Different people value different things, some like quiet cul-de-sacss, some like being near a school, some like walking to town or walking to a park, Westfield has it all from old to new.
Give me a shout if you'd like more specific information.
Donna Perch
email: Donna.Perch@cbmoves.com
Web Reference: http://www.Donnaperch.com
What some people deem less desirable, others want. For example, some clients would never live close to town, while others are selling their homes to move within walking distance of town. When you work with a Realtor, you can determine what area of town fits your needs. Westfield fits every budget and style. View this video for a quick tour of the town...http://www.youtube.com/user/DebraBonomi?feature=watch
Call to discuss the town anytime! Debra Bonomi, Keller Williams Realty: 908-917-3633
Web Reference: http://DebraBonomi.com
I agree with Gina. It is a great place to live! Westfield is an award winning town with an eclectic mix of homes from the revolutionary period to new construction. Single family homes range from around $500,000 to 5 million. There are 12 parks, 6 elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school. Colonial Westfield offers a downtown area that has won awards and boasts shops from Lord &Taylor, Williams-Sonoma, Gap, Banana Republic, Eileen Fisher and more. We have 25+ eateries from elegant French Chez Catherines to 5 Guys Burgers.
Westfield is perfectly situated less than an hour from NYC, the beach and the mountains.
No matter what life stage you are in, Westfield and the surrounding communities offer just about everything a buyer might be looking for. I would be happy to show you the area and offer more in depth information...anytime
Stephanie Smith, Coldwell Banker, Westfield 908-230-8585. Enjoy your search!!!!
The section off of Central Ave heading toward the Garden State Parkway is the cheaper and less desirable side of town. The section through which Lawrence Ave runs in the more expensive and desirable section. The surrounding towns of Scotch Plains and Fanwood has some very nice areas and are more affordable. As a preferred Trulia Agent for Westfield and Scotch Plains, feel free to contact me for more info.

Shawn Rosa
Prudential NJ Properties
908-642-6704
shawn.rosa@prudentialnewjersey.com
Hi Shawn, I see this was dated quite some time ago and I hope you are not still giving people this "advice." The section of Westfield "heading toward the Garden State Parkway" is definitely not considered "cheaper and less desirable." There are a wide variety of houses and neighborhoods all over town. While the area off of Lawrence Ave may in fact be more expensive as a generality, that is not necessarily what every home buyer "desires."
Flag Wed Feb 19, 2014