Radha, Renter in Schaumburg, IL

We're looking at buying a home around Hanover Park, but not in it. Preferably Schaumburg or Bartlett and are looking for something under 200K.

Asked by Radha, Schaumburg, IL Mon May 3, 2010

Is it possible to find something in this range which has 3bed/2bath? And does it make a difference to have an "Exclusive Buyers Agent" ?

And since the agents commision is built into the price of the home, that even though a realtor is technically working for the buyer, their pay is higher based on the sale price.
Buyers agents will try to get you the best deal they can whether or not they both list and sell. When an agent is working for the buyer, they strive to get the lowest price they can for a buyer. It's kind of like a game to see just how good a deal you can get. I don't know of any agents that will try to get a buyer to pay more just to get a higher commission. When you break it down, it's only a matter of a few hundred dollars in commission per thousands of dollars in sales price. The challange to the agent is getting the lowest price and best deal possible.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 4, 2010
I agree with many others who have already commented on your question. First yes you can find a home in that price range in that area. Second most Realtors will ask you to sign an exclusive buyers agent agreement because they will (should) be committing all their time and efforts in finding your home. Since none of us get paid to show homes they will be motivated to find what you are looking for so that you will want to buy. Find a agent you want to work with and give them a opportunity to find the right property for you. Once a Realtor knows you and your likes /dislikes it will be easier for them to find the home you want. Going from Realtor to Realtor will cause you to "start over" each time. Good Luck!

Paul Giambarberee
847 530 8019
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 18, 2013
Not sure why this old question popped up, but you can still find what you are looking for in these areas.
I think it makes no difference to you if you have a written contract with your buyers agent or not.
Radha, we are the largest Fannie Mae brokerage in the state and we have a ton of home that have been completely rehabbed by Fannie Mae standards that you would most likely be interested in. If you are still in the market, please email me:

I have worked in the Schaumburg area for years and have several realtors I can recommend. Just email or call me for help. As for securing the mortgage, we can help as we deal directly with Fannie Mae and Ginnie Mae and fund the loans in our name. We aren't waiting around on the big banks to approve the deal. We staff our own underwriting department and get things done quickly. You can call me at (630) 639-1081 and I can give you a pre-approval the same day and help you find a quality realtor in the area.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (630) 639-1081.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Mobile Phone: (630) 639-1081
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
3130 Finley Rd. Suite 510C
Downers Grove, IL 60515
... buyer's agent only -- are usually members of a team, where the leader of the team will take listings/market them, but will "give" the buyer clients to his/her buyer agent. previous answers regarding having your own buyer's agent refers to having your own representation, rather than calling agent(s) off of the yard signs/internet listings. it is in your best advantage to work with one agent that will focus on your needs, instead of trying to sell their own listed property.
Web Reference: http://www.annaniklarz.com
Thanks so much for the answers! It's good to know that the price range we're thinking of is good to work with. It helps with the question of buy vs rent.

About the agent, I was looking to get some insight on agents who do not take any listings and work with only buyers as opposed to agents that both sell and buy. And since the agents commision is built into the price of the home, that even though a realtor is technically working for the buyer, their pay is higher based on the sale price.

Thank you!
Hello Radha,

I work primarily in the Schaumburg area as a buyers agent and am a board member on the OSCC board for the Village of Schaumburg. If any agent knows this town, it's me. I would love to show you the properties Schaumburg (and surrounding towns) have that meet your criteria so please connect with me and let's start the search.

Ashoor Youmara
Flag Mon Aug 5, 2013
Hi Radha,
Patrick has a very good point, it's not in your best interest to work directly with listing agents - find one agent you like and stick with them! You do not need to sign a contract with your buyer agent, but if that agent knows you are only working with them he/she will do a much better job. Make sure you are working with someone who has a good knowledge of today's market - knows the difference between foreclosures and short sales, and has sold at least few of them recently.
There is much in the area in your price range, Hoffman Estates could be another option to look at as well.

Web Reference: http://www.AnnaNiklarz.com
Very competative price range. I'd be glad to help you out when you are ready.

Lyn Sims
REMAX Suburban
Web Reference: http://www.LynSims.net
You should consider the Weathersfield subdivision of Schaumburg. Nice ranch homes. I live here and we really like it. My office is a couple blocks away. I do not require you to sign any committment papers for me to be your agent. My office is the number 1 office in Schaumburg. You should stop in and we can go looking.....

bob@realtybob.com 847-230-7303

Yes, to both questions.

Find the best agent you can find and work with them exclusively. They will guide you through the home buying process.

Dennis Toomey
Cell (847) 338-0180
Fax (847) 956-2844
E-mail: dtoomey@remax.net

Web site: http://www.HouseByZip.com
Dear Radha,

It is certainly possible to find homes, townhomes and condominiums in this range in Schaumburg and Bartlett. Take a look at my website where you can search by town, price, size of home etc. Patrick summarized the different types of agencies very concisely. The listing agent is obligated to the seller . A good buyers agent will always put your best interest first. You want thorough independent research. You want someone who is impartial as to which home you eventually decide to buy. Plus, it comes to you at no extra cost. If this is your first home you will need guidance with issues such as choosing a lender even before you begin looking at homes. I highly recommend working with your own buyers agent.

Ed Plaskacz
Prudential Starck, REALTORS
Web Reference: http://www.AskEdAboutRE.com
Yes it's possible to find something in that price range that meets your criteria. Some may be distressed properties, but other will not be.

As far as using a buyers agent, you want an agent that is working in your best interest. Listing agents are working in the best interest of the seller. An agent that handles both ends is limited as to how they can advise you.