Home Buying in North Miami>Question Details

Derek Gordon, Home Buyer in Miami Beach, FL

We're first time home buyers. We aren't quite sure where to dive in for searching for homes. Many are not listed on Trulia. Where should we begin?

Asked by Derek Gordon, Miami Beach, FL Sat Apr 6, 2013

We have a VA loan to use. We would like to stay within a couple miles of the beach. We want to be frugal with our purchase. Our timeline is to obtain a loan and purchase between July and September.

Answers

14
Hello Derek, although it is always easier to work with an experienced Realtor that can search for your specific criteria and then simply send you a link with the results, sometimes you just want to be able to search for free.

I have made a page for my clients that is free of charge and is linked with my MLS. This lets my clients search the multiple listing service with real-time updates that ensure accurate information. I will attach the link to the page at the end of this answer.

As far as VA financing, you should not have a problem finding a property that will qualify. Please keep in mind that VA is very conservative with their appraisal pricing. This means that the property and your contract MUST be below market value. This makes it difficult to compete with multiple offers. Make sure that your Realtor shares this information with the Listing Agent BEFORE you go out on showings. Many times sellers will not want to accept VA offers due to the reason I stated in the paragraph above. This should not be the case, but unfortunately I have had those challenges with several of my buyers.

Happy Hunting!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 22, 2013
Always find the best realtor in the area where you wish to buy. Ask around to get a sense of how that person works - ask them for references and CALL! I also suggest checking their license to see if they've had any violations or been sued. You would do that w a contractor, so why not w a Realtor?
Recently, a past client of mine listed their home w a realtor in the area whom I didn't know anything about. I've provided so many services in the years since they bought their first home and shown them off-market properties etc. Turns out he had a listing in an area they've been interested in moving to and so I put two and two together - they got a deal by going to him directly and also by giving him the listing. I checked this realtor's license and since 1995, he's been sued several times and had his license suspended and reinstated at least 5 times. So, yeah, not all realtors are the same and even though I hope nothing happens in their deals, I can't help but feel a bit evil and kinda hoping this comes back to bite them in the butt.
Some people are not appreciative, I guess.
Contact a local realtor. They'll be able to guide you through the process. Good luck!
Your best bet is to contact a local realtor in the area you want to relocate. They will have the knowledge and expertise to assist you.
Hi Hope your doing well! Take a look on my new website as it has up to date re sales as well as all the new developments in Miami. The site is http://www.exquisitemiamiproperties,com.

Let me know what I can do to help you.

William Henderson
Hi Derek,

If your looking for a great property and you want to live on Miami Beach, I have a great 2/2 available in South Beach and walking distance to everything :)

If you want to live in Aventura, I also have some properties but you will have to drive to the beach.

If your pre-qaulified and your interested let me know, perhaps I can help you find what your looking for???

My contact information:

David Hantman
Real Estate Agent-Macken Realty
TEL: (305) 527-4922
Email: davidahantman@gmail.com
Good afternoon Derek,

First steps:

Meet in person with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for. Your Mortgage Banker will discuss the various loan programs, closing costs, and most important of all, monthly payment.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Start with defining your goals in regards to type of lodging and location through the consultation with a real estate professional. They will know the lenders with a history of closing on time, under budget and with the least drama. Every lender will state they can do the job. The truth becomes apparent 5 days before closing...and the lender will not make you whole.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Plam Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
=
=
Remember the 6 Ps? If you are prior Marine Corps you remember them.

Prior
Planning
Prevents
P#ss
Poor
Performance

Don't even contact a realtor until you get pre approved for the loan as nothing closes without the money!

Get a Pre-Approval Letter in hand first and you'll be treated a lot better by realtors,

See programs below, then contact me to talk about how to minimize payments and reduce out of pocket costs.

1) 100% LTV- VA / (VA Jumbo @ lower ltv)
2) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too
3) 99% LTV- FHA / (FHA to 580 score @ lower ltv)

4) 97% LTV- No monthly MI-No FHA 1.75% Fee
5) 95% LTV- CONDO
6) 90% LTV- No PMI -2nd Home
7) 90% LTV- JUMBO
8) 85% LTV- No PMI - Super Jumbo
9) 80% LTV- Invest./Rental
10) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals

--------STATED INCOME ALT up to Super Jumbo-----------
http://www.StatedIncomeALT.com
11) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
12) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
13) 75% CLTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
14) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money
15) LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS
16) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-available nationwide

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
Your best bet would be to work with an agent especially since you are first time buyers and could benefit from a consultation. The agent would then setup a search matching your criteria and have listings delivered to your mail box.
Hello Derek,
The best way is to contact one of local
Realtors on Trulia, and discuss all your criteria in home search and financing
Abilities, your realtor should work very closely with you and your mortgage broker from start to achieving all your wants and needs in finding a home, submitting an offer, meeting all your deadline on the contract to closing.
Best of Luck!!

Mali Shahbazian
Web Reference: http://Malisellsmiami.com
-
-
I'm prior service Marine Corps and I offer VA loan programs, but I'm telling you, the VA loan is not all its cracked up to be in many cases.

Contact me and let's talk about the pros and cons of VA loan and possible alternative.

5) 95% LTV- CONDO
6) 90% LTV- No PMI -2nd Home
7) 90% LTV- JUMBO
8) 85% LTV- No PMI - Super Jumbo
9) 80% LTV- Invest./Rental
10) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals

--------STATED INCOME ALT up to Super Jumbo----------- http://www.StatedIncomeALT.com
11) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
12) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
14) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money
15) LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
Derek,
Your observation is correct. Those looking for homes on aggregate websites such and Trulia or Zillow are looking at false data. 30% of the homes shown are no longer available. Another signifcinat population of these home at completely ficticious and sourced from RealtyTrac. If you are a serious home buyer, you need to be using SERIOUS rescources. That resource is a connection to the local MLS. Any Miami Beach Realtor(r) would be able to give you access.
-
Many agents like myself, present homes for sale to four groups of buyers before the home ever enters the MLS. If you want an opportunity to see these home first, you need to work with an agent who provides 'First Look" plans.
-
You should start your Miami Beach search with a real estate professional. They can assess your situation and determine the type of real estate that will be available based on your situation. Your real estate consultant will know which of the local lenders has a historic record of success in situtions like yours.
-
Better sill, your real estate consultant may have additonal options that a lender is not capable of providing. There are many real estate professionals who work with a varity of Veterans orginaizations and have an inventory of real estate owners who desire to demonstrate respect and honor towards those who have served.
-
You need to connect with a Miami Beach real estate professional.
If there is no response with a telephone number from Miami Beach, call me and I'll find a Realtor (r) for you.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Assoicate
Remax Relatec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Derek,
Start by getting your VA loan approved. Meet with a lender soon and make sure there are no surprises on your credit report. The sooner you do, the more time you have to resolve them and meet your time frame.
The lender may recommend a great Realtor for you who works well with first time buyers. Any agent can, but some are much more patient and do a better job of teaching first timers all they have to learn.