Home Buying in Falmouth>Question Details

Mary, Home Buyer in Pennsylvania

We're considering buying a condo on Cape Cod, and I'm trying to figure out condo fees. Some realtors on the

Asked by Mary, Pennsylvania Mon May 19, 2008

web state condo fees as monthly fee year. Is this the fee per month or per year? Is it always used consistently?

Answers

5
Steve White’s answer
Hi Mary condo fees are per month. The usually include Trash and Snow removal, Grass cutting, and outside maintenance such as Roof removal and Replacement when needed.. Some condos may include window replacement as well but individual Condo Documents can be edited by the Condo Association and there own rules written. Higher fees might include Pool & Tennis Court Maintenance.? Any Realtor like myself who has sold a Condo before should investigate the Condo Association you are looking at. I live in a Condo here on the Cape so please let me know if you are using a Realtor and if I can help you further
Hi Mary

Thanks for your question. I think you'll enjoy Massachusetts.

The previous responses pretty much answer your question - assume it's a monthly fee. There are some, but not many, PUDs around that have homeowner association dues that could mislead you into thinking that they're condos. Those fees can be annual but if you're not sure stick with assuming it's monthly.

Let me know if you have any financing questions!

Thanks again!

Tom
Eagle Nationwide Mortgage Co. Thomas.Stevens@ENMCdirect.com
Condo fees throughout the Upper Cape region vary greatly. There are some condominiums that charge a low fee of $250/month, but will provide only exterior maintenance and landscaping. Other complexes will provide ample amenties such as a pool or putter green, but you will pay for them with condo fees of over $450/month.
Here on the Cape the fiqure that you see on the web in the descriptive data about a particular property is most likely the MONTHLY fee. This is the common practice and if you follow this general rule you will be safe. Before considering a condo though, for a full time residence, consider a single family as they are easier to turn over if you ever need to. Condo fees have a tendency to rise, and it could be uncomfortable if you chose one that is just affordable now. Plan ahead.
Well, as long as it's not a Co-op, if it's over $1500 it's probably annually, if it's under $1500 it's probably monthly,