Home Buying in Fort Myers>Question Details

Contessa1486, Home Buyer in Bonita Springs, FL

We're confused between: Condo Fee and HOA Fee. What's the difference and what's included? We live in a condo with only a Condo

Asked by Contessa1486, Bonita Springs, FL Wed Jan 23, 2013

Fee...no HOA.

Answers

8
Marge Bennett’s answer
they both pay for the bills for the community. Condos are a type of ownership. HOA's are generally for single family homes or townhomes. How much and what they pay for is determined by the bylaws of the community.
Condo fee and HOA fee are the same. Same term just used differently by different people. HOA fees could apply to just a normal subdivision home with a homeowners association
Different strokes for different HOA......Some have just one fee....some have multiple depending on the type of community and differences in product within......6 in one hand half dozen in the other.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
A condo fee is where an association is responsible or the maintenance of the outside of the building(s), landscaping, and utilities, in addition to maintaining common areas and enforcement of the communities rules and regulations. HOA is responsible for the upkeep of any common areas. However individual owners maintain their homes and land, as each lot in the PUD is individually owned. I see a lot of wrong policies issued when it comes time to issue homeowners insurance. Make sure you read your communities CC&R (Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions) to make sure your property is covered properly. HO6 polices are for a condo and an HO3 is for homeowners association.

Jason Lipsher

13379 McGregor Blvd Ste 2
Fort Myers, Fl 33919
239.278.0028 office
239.277.1177 fax
239.850.0466 cell
http://www.thecozzateam.com
Thanks. I'm confused because I live in MA and my condo fees include all of the above. When adding the costs of HOA and Condo fees I'm amazed anyone would want to purchase a condo in FL! I've seen them add up to $12,000.00 per yr. Yikes. That's a lot of moola. I pay close to $5,000. here in a small community of 255 well kept units so that seems astromical!
Flag Wed Jan 23, 2013
You can have lots of differrent fees. HOA fees can cover certain charges and Condo fees other costs, and you can have both in the same place. It depends how the association breaks down the amenities and fees.

You will be or should be told upfront which fees you have.

You can search my website, http://www.kevincloutier.com for the best 1 click seraches om the net!

Call if I can help.

Cheers

Kevin Cloutier
A HouseSOLD Name
Southern Premier Realty
239.246.6639
KCloutier9@gmail.com
Usually when there are both, there are mutliple property types in a community, such as condos, villas, etc. The condo fee is usually for the immediate condo area/association and maintenance of the condos and buildings. The HOA fee is for the entire community and maintenance there-of, such as the streets, recreation facilities, etc.
If you would like more information or are looking to purchase a property in SW Florida, feel free to contact me.

Gloria Hall, SSRS
REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate, LLC
7205 Estero Blvd.
Suite 724
Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
239-293-2915 Cell
1-800-237-2752, Ext 1410
239-314-1410, Direct
239-463-5542 Fax
Good morning! It all depends on the community and development, some have a Master fee such as main clubhouse with amenities and gated entry which would be covered by a master HOA , then the condo fee could be for the sub-development that would cover maint of that sub-development such as cable, insurance, pool, street lights which that that sub-development offers you would be covered by the condo fee

Alexis Hansen- Market America Realty Network 863-673-6027
In my experience, they're pretty much the same and you should only be charged one or the other. HOA stands for Home Owners Association, so, pretty much your condo association IS your homeowners association.