Have found many a first time buyer the home of their dreams in the last 13 years as a Realtor in southeast Florida, a multi-million dollar producer. Here is the process:
1. If you are not paying cash, and are getting a mortgage I can suggest mortgage brokers to talk to who are local. Will explain the advantages of using a local mortgage broker.
2. We can meet or email and you can let me know your criteria from MUST to WANT to NEED re the features in the home you are looking to buy.
3, Are you looking for A-Rated schools? So you have pets? Do you want a pool? If the view is important what view do you prefer?
4. Once we have a list of what you want, I send you listings or go over them with you in person and you pick which homes you want to see. I am familiar with most communities in the area, so can tell you about them.
5. You can go to http://www.MarilynJacobs.com and click on the red tab that says EXPLORE THE AREA to see descriptions of various communities as we look at the listings.
6. We start looking, and as you tell me what you do and don't like about a community, I can zero in on those that are "a fit" for you.
7. We discuss the most you want to spend for a Homeowners Association and perhaps find you a home where there IS no HOA and no restrictions - realize that HOA dues pay for manned or unmanned gates, clubhouses, pools and other amenities.
8. You pick a home, we go over recent comparative sales of similar homes and decide on what to offer.
9. If seller agrees with your price or counter offers at a price you like, the contract is executed.
10. Next we inspect - I can suggest several inspectors to you.
11. Inspector gives us a list of items to be repaired and approximate costs.
12. If we continue with the purchase, we pick a closing date, and if it is a mortgage we find out how soon we can close.
13. If you cannot be in town for the closing, we do a "Mail away" where you sign a lot of papers and get some of them notarized.
14. We do a walk thru the day before the closing, if you are coming; otherwise I do the walkthru myself.
15. If everything is in place and monies have been put into escrow... we close... and you are the proud, happy owners of a new home.
If problems of a legal nature crop up, we use a real estate attorney to solve them (I can recommend an excellent title company attorney).
If you have any questions, or would like ME to be your agent and help find you your new home, give me a call or send me an email:
the GO TO REALTOR for southeast Florida
561-638-9818 (land line) or 561-302-3388 (cell)
Jeffrey Ray & Associates
It is a great time to find your first home and congratulations on making this decision. The local real estate market can be very frustrating so properly setting your expectations and selecting the right agent to be on your team is the difference between a pleasant experience and a disaster.
The very best thing that you can do is find a professional Realtor@ to represent you and there are a couple suggestions I might make. First is to not sign a buyer's broker agreement with anyone. This is a form an agent will use to tie you up and ensure any transaction you make will only be through them. Find an agent who is happy to perform their services with the knowledge that if they do not properly meet your expectations they will lose your business. â€¨â€¨Second, call a listing agent about a home they have listed as their initial relationship with the seller will prevent you from working out the best deal. â€¨â€¨Finally, I would recommend that you interview at least three qualified agents in your area to assist you and select one who you feel will have your best interests as their primary goal.
A qualified Realtor can assist you in clearly defining your goals paying close attention to not only location but budget and condition you are willing to accept. In this market you have to be ready to act quickly when the right opportunities present themselves. I would enjoy the opportunity to be on the list of RealtorsÂ® you interview be very happy to work with you towards meeting your goals.
Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.
Always at Your Service,
Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"
Keller Williams Realty
STOP!!!!! Don't start working with any other realtor until you review this offer.
As a first time home buyer, how about an experienced realtor AND having your own separate Attorney representation paid for you in addition to mutiple other items when purchasing a property?
See this GFB on a 350k purchase below that I helped arrange for another buyer in PBC last Friday
Then go to http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM pick out a few loan programs you might be interested in and contact me after 1:00 today
Signature international Real Estate,LLC
You never want to contact the listing agent, they represent the sellers interest. Go to the green tab above that reads "find a Pro", enter your zipcode. Select one of the agents that show up and contact them. Ask them to place the offer for you on the property...they will look after your interest. Was this answer helpful? If so please click the green Thumbs Up next to my name.
La Rosa Realty