Home Buying in Lee County>Question Details

Akv, Home Buyer in Joliet, IL

We put an offer in on a house and the seller countered. We accepted the counter offer but then they pulled the house from the market? What can we do?

Asked by Akv, Joliet, IL Wed Oct 7, 2009

Answers

2
Hi Akv........how frustrating for you to find a home you love, and then have it withdrawn from the market.

As Patrick already told you, unfortunately, there is nothing you can do at this point.

The only thing I can suggest is asking your agent to try and find out why it was withdrawn, and to make sure the other agent notifies her if it is coming back on the market. Maybe you'll find out that the withdrawl is only temporary......but in any event, you will want to make sure you get a heads up if it's coming back.

In the meantime, I hope you find a home you love more!

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
The seller has that right. As long as nothing was signed by the seller and finalized, then you don't have a deal. Even if they signed, the contract calls for a 5 day attorney review period at which the seller could cancel the deal for any reason.