Home Buying in Minneapolis>Question Details

Amanda Knight, Home Buyer in Floodwood, MN

We purchased a home in winter and now that it's spring we are left with a lot of garbage and scrap metal. Can we charge seller for clean up?

Asked by Amanda Knight, Floodwood, MN Sat Apr 26, 2014

We bought our home in winter in MN and had a few feet of snow. Now that it's mostly all melted we are seeing a yard full of garbage. Anything from old disc brakes to oil containers to a fall end down shed and glass. Old paint cans just junk all over. Is there anything we can do about this? Or are we just left to clean up the mess?

Answers

4
I have a lot of scrap metal that I need to get rid of. Can anyone tell me where you take scrap metal to be thrown away? I don't want to throw them away in a regular garbage can because of safety reasons. http://whitesscrapit.com/
I would imagine it would be more work to go after the sellers than to clean it up.

What did you end up doing? Sorry this happened to you.
Did you and Seller sign an Arbitration Agreement? If so, you can certainly pursue a settlement via mediation. Go back and look over paperwork and/or contact your agent.
Did both you and the seller sign and agree to an Arbitration Agreement as part of your sales contract docs? If so - contact your agent and pursue a course of mediation. Otherwise, reach out to the seller for reimbursement. Beyond this, you can attempt legal recourse.