Home Buying in Pittsboro>Question Details

Steve, Home Buyer in Pittsboro, NC

We plan to buy property in Powell Place Pittsboro NC 27312. We'd appreciate any information about this community

Asked by Steve, Pittsboro, NC Sat Mar 26, 2011

Answers

4
Hi Steve,

Powell Place was a first of its kind Planned Unit Development in Pittsboro. It is being developed by East West Partners out of Chapel Hill, a group that includes some of the prinicpal developers of Southern Village in Chapel Hill. The vision is to have a community with varing levels of housing, parks, and a neighborhood commercial center all with the idea in mind of walkable living. While the commercial development has lagged, the residential development has carried on and there are some very well built homes at many different price points. It has a great location with good accessibility to US 64 bypass, US 15/501 and is just north of Historic Downtown Pittsboro. The current school assignments are Pittsboro Elementary, Horton Middle and Northwood High.

The neighborhood website is http://www.powellplace.net and is very informative.

I hope this information is helpful, my office is in Pittsboro and so I am always glad to hear folks are interested in moving to town. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, I would love to work with you.

Doug Jacobs
I have one of the models and Parade of Homes entries listed in Powell Place for sale. Would be glad to meet you at the neighborhood and show you the house and answer questions about the area.

I also have a nice home listed in the other Pittsboro community named Chatham Forest listed.

Let me know if we can be of assistance.
Steve this is a very nice community. With well built homes in price ranges that fit any budget. The floor plans are unique to fit any life style. If I can help you with your home choice or send you information on this or any other developement in Pitts boro you can contact me at bcleek1@aol.com. Thanks, Brenda Cleek
Powell Place is a lovely mixed use planned development which I feel offers very good value particularly for first time buyers or empty-nesters. Good location right outside of downtown Pittsboro and with easy access to Chapel Hill, Cary, RTP etc. There is plenty of easy nearby shopping. Property taxes in Chatham county are the lowest in the "Triangle"

There are a number of builders working in Powell Place offering a wide variety of options from townhomes in the range of $150,000 to single family detached homes ranging in price from $165,000 to $275,000

Without knowing more about you and your specific needs it's hard for me to offer solid advice. Of the different builders working in Powell Place I have always been most impressed with Piccola and with McNeil Burbank.

I am very familiar with the area you are considering and specialize in Buyer side brokering. I will never work both sides of a transaction, I only represent either the Seller or the Buyer. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me through my profile here on Trulia.

If you're already working with a Buyer Broker then all that's left for me to say is Happy House Hunting and I wish you Good Luck!