Home Buying in Brownsburg>Question Details

pilarskirdh, Both Buyer and Seller in Brownsburg, IN

We own a house in Brownsburg & zionsville & are considering moving in together in a 3rd home. Is it better to sell or rent in these areas?

Asked by pilarskirdh, Brownsburg, IN Sat Feb 16, 2013

The zionsville home is owed 10,000 in equity. Where is it better to build if we were to sell 3rd home

Answers

5
You really need to set down with a Realtor and discuss your options. Renting may be a good option because the rental rates are higher at this time due to demand. Selling your home may be a better option due to buyer demand and low inventory at this time. It really all depends on you and you what would be best for you.
Hey there!

Please shoot me a text today, 503-0532. I live in Zionsville and just got another inquiry from another agent LOOKING for rental in Zville. I'm working with a friend of mine to find HIM a rental home too. Let me know what you have!

Kathy
Century 21 Scheetz
February Rookie of the Month
I built and sold the largest Single Family Property Management company In Indiana. I'm an expert in finding all solutions that will work for you and my ability in making sense of each option is above all others.
Call/text/email for quick answers to your situation.
Derek Crager
Real Estate Broker
317.796.9825 cell
Where to build at this time is dependent on your budget and the available inventory of lots in either Brownsburg or Zionsville. Since you have multiple homes already, that makes things a little easier knowing you have some place to stay while your house is under construction.

Deciding whether to rent or sell depends on many local factors. However, renting one of them might be something to think about anyway. With the preponderance of families finding themselves without homes and settling for apartment living due to a foreclosure or short sale, there just aren't enough homes to fill the rental need of these families, who, given a choice, would like to maintain roots in their community.

I have tools that can let you determine whether renting out your home is a smart, long-term strategy for you. Just call or text for more information.
Web Reference: http://www.lookhomewise.com
Contrary to National media, a clean, well priced home in Brownsburg will sell very quickly. This is due to the historically low inventory that we have at this time. That said, certainly some neighborhoods sell quicker than others. Zionsville is also experiencing good sales growth.

As for building, I would think you would find building the same house in either town would be somewhat cheaper in Brownsburg, mainly because of land acquisition costs for the builders. If you are underwater in your Zionsville property, how do you stand with the Brownsburg one (can you sell it for enough to cover the shortfall in Zionsville?)

I would be glad to meet with you and review your situation at your convenience.