Home Buying in Aiken>Question Details

Terry, Home Owner in Garden Grove, CA

We need to find an agent in Aiken that can show us all options, not just centered on one particular area or community.

Asked by Terry, Garden Grove, CA Wed Sep 19, 2012

Answers

3
Terry,
I am not sure if you meet what we in real estate refer to as a "site or developer's agent” which represents the seller and they are only showing one or limited communities that benefit their seller.
If, you work a Realtor who is Accredited Buyers Representative ( ABR) like myself or Buyer’s agent who will represent your interest and is knowledgeable about Aiken in general, your agent will guide you through all Aiken area offers which is a lot! An agent that represents you as your buyer's agent should show you all options that maybe of interest to you, that’s their responsibility to you.
You may find this links helpful and informative…

http://www.vikkicrossland.com/default.asp?content=custom&…

Good luck, Aiken is great place to call home! Vikki Crossland Meybohm Realtors
That is not always true. When we were new to Aiken, knew nothing about where the communities were, the back then Eulalie Salley Real Estate Company's agent took us to nothing but older communities, and although nice, the homes needed updating. We did not know there were new communities with homes already constructed. We did not buy a house. Instead, we ended up buying a lot in Plantation South, a nice community, only to find that we had to go through that same agent, who we thought did a poor job. We were not happy to see him getting a commission on something he did not sell. Had he taken us to what we wanted to see to start with, we could have bought a new home. Not all agents have our best interest at heart, and you will also find, as I am sure you have before, agents are going to show their company's listings before any others, which is exactly what that man did. Later, we were buying again after we learned more about Aiken, the agent charged the seller 7% saying all were 7%. WRONG!
Flag Thu Dec 26, 2013
Good afternoon Terry,

Here's the advice I give to my clients (and here on Trulia.com) about buying a home in the current Lending environment:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
.
Terry, my favorite challenge is finding the right home for my buyer, rather than finding a buyer for a home I want to sell. I'd be happy to work with you on finding the house that is right for YOU!.