Home Buying in Detroit>Question Details

Danielle Spo…, Real Estate Pro in Union City, NJ

We need an experienced agent in Detroit!

Asked by Danielle Sporcic, Union City, NJ Tue Aug 6, 2013

My husband and I live in NJ and are interested in buying a property in Detroit. We are not familiar with the city and would like to find an agent that can help us find a property at a great price in one of the better areas. We are looking to buy as a long term investment considering the city's current situation. We are planning on making a trip out there the weekend of August 31st until September 1st and would like to schedule appointments to see properties ahead of time. Please respond if you are interested in working with us and are knowledgeable enough to help us find a great investment property. Thank you!

Answers

12
Danielle,

Now is a great time to buy in Detroit. I would love the opportunity to work with your family to assist you with your specific needs. I have work and live in the area. I am very knowledgable about Metro Detroit. Call me so we can discuss everything you're looking for in your next property.

I'm looking forward to earning your trust and your business.

Rose Cook
North Anerican Real Estate
313-510-9282 cell
248-352-1335 office
Rosecook1972@att.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 6, 2013
We Buy, Sell and Rehab Detroit Investment Properties.
SheriffWholesale@gmail.com
http://www.SheriffWholesale.com
I can assist you. Please email crystal@crystalhardison.com or call 313-790-4484 or Cristin at 313-520-1502
I would like to be the first to say welcome to the world of plenty (as it relates to the best investment deals on earth, the city of Detroit) to you Danielle and your husband. Also I must say that although you are ahead of the masses, you are a little late to the party (you will learn quickly to not believe the hype about what you read and hear about the City of Detroit)

TIP #1: Detroit is like NO OTHER real estate market (especially for investors) on the planet. With that being said you can throw out whatever you thought you knew about real estate and real estate investing.

That starts with your question "experienced agent" that won't cut it here in Detroit. You MUST align with "AN INVESTOR" first, if they are ALSO an experienced agent, even better.

Trust me Danielle, a so called "experienced agent" when you are looking for investment property in Detroit is going to waste you a lot of time and money. Get with an "expert investor" first and learn the landscape.

I would encourage you to align with someone who does what you want to do. There is a HUGE difference between "investors" and "agents who work with investors".

I am an open book you can reach out to me anytime with questions or second opinions or just to see what I would say/do.

Happy/Safe investing to you and your husband.

Check out my blog,to get up to speed quick
Aaron what areas do you feel/believe are good areas in Detroit in which to buy a property?
Flag Thu Aug 8, 2013
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below!

Best of luck!
Welcome to Detroit. It would be a pleasure to show you around Detroit. I am an experience agent and also A Real Detroit Realtor. I was born and still live and work in Detroit. I can assist you in finding the the right investment properties. Call me so I can schedule the weekend looking at properties.
Delores Goodson 313-575-2336 at Front Page Realty or email goodsonrealtor@yahoo.com
Hello Danielle,

My name is Ashley Hamilton and I would love to help you and your family with your Detroit property purchase. I currently work, invest, and live in Metro Detroit. My company is a one stop shop for out of state investors. I personally own 5 homes in Detroit all rentals and I also help manage 15 homes for my investors in California. Please call or email me at your earliest convenience.

THANK YOU,
ASHLEY HAMILTON,
DIRECT: 313-854-8495
AHAMILTON1203@YAHOO.COM
Feel free to call me at 313-207-5250. I'll provide referrals. I recommend you make contact with friends and family since you're unfamiliar w/the area.
Hello Danielle,

I assist out of state and international investors all the time. Our company is a one stop shop for all your needs for investing in Detroit. You have to consider several things when investing in Detroit. Once you have the house it will need to be rehabbed and filled with a tenant. Also you will need a reputable property management company to handle the day to day business. We can assist you in all these areas.

My team has been helping investors for over 10 years and we know Detroit. We only invest in the best areas and we can help you and your husband to build a long term rental portfolio. I look forward to your visit. Pleas contact us as soon as you can. My contact info is below.

Guy Gailliard
http://www.metrodetroitcashflow.com
Email: metrodetroitcashflow@gmail.com
Phone: 313-332-9955
http://www.facebook.com/detroitcashflow
Skype: guy.gailliard
Speaking..!!

http://Www.thejtarealty.com
Front Page Realty Detroit - We sell Detroit
313 986 2948
Jtarealty@live.com

Our office is located in Downtown Detroit....(the actual city)
Danielle --

I often get questions like this from out of state investors -- and so much of it depends on your own unique style and situation. Some folks want Detroit -- some want suburbs. Some want consistency and some like risk.

If you're paying cash or getting a loan, if you want a big return immediately by rehabbing or renting -- these all come in play.

I work with a lot of investors from out of state and abroad, so I welcome the chance to discuss with you some possibilities.

Thanks!
Forgot to include my email: danielle.garciahh@gmail.com
Flag Tue Aug 6, 2013
Thanks for your response Andy. We are not familiar with the city at all so we would need someone to give us insight into the best areas to buy- doesnt matter to us whether its in the urban or suburban area. We dont need to get a big return immediately, (although that would be nice!) and we would definitely like to rent it out if at all possible. Please email me so that we can set up a call and discuss some options. Thanks!
Flag Tue Aug 6, 2013
Hi Danielle,
If you'd like any assistance with the financing end of things I can help you out. As far as agents go, I have a number of agents I work with who I can refer you to. Each of them has their specialties so if you'd like to reach out to provide a little more information as to what you are looking for I can refer you to a person well suited to handle the job.

Tony Grech

Loan Officer -NMLS #977416

WCS Lending, LLC
24901 Northwestern Hwy.
Southfield, MI 48075
Tony.Grech@WCSLending.com
Phone: 866.936.5363 ext. 278