Brian, Home Buyer in 54403

We might be transfering to the marathon county area around wausau and are probably going to have a long wait selling our house in Illinois. We are

Asked by Brian, 54403 Fri Feb 19, 2010

looking to possibly rent to own and can't find listings anywhere. Can an agent help with this. What are our options

Answers

5
Your best option is to call a property management company in the area. However, you might be happy to see that you can buy a lot of homes for the same payment as renting. For buying, call anytime. Thank you and good luck.
Hello
I came from ILLINOIS and July will be 9 years ISouth East and East side of Wausau is great!
I am in a similar boat but trying to move away from this area. It's overwhelming trying to fit all the puzzle pieces together-good luck.
Hi Brian: I'm a Realtor in the Wausau, WI area. One of the best ways to find a rent with option to own is to first work with a Realtor that can talk with you in regards to the style of home you are looking for, the size and number of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc., and also your price range along with the approximate location desired. You also want a Realtor that is familiar with various locations, subdivisions, etc. in Marathon to find that home you have in mind. Please feel free to give me a call. I'd be happy to talk to you further about this and hopefully help you find your next home.
Thank-You!
Jodi Harris - Realtor Coldwell Banker Action Realty, Schofield, WI
715-302-5361
Hi Brian
You found the right agent. I am also from the Illinois area and sold real estate there for over 15 years. Hopefully I can offer you some assistance and insight for both locations. First, and most importantly, you need to hook up with a qualified agent in your hometown who can tell you the "average days on market" for homes in your neighborhood. You may be surprised at how much the market has picked up over the last few months. I keep in contact with several successful agents in the Chicagoland area and they have told me that homes are selling again. What part of Illinois are you from? As for rent-to-own in and around the Wausau area, I can help you there. While the supply is minimal there are a few seller's who are still open to this idea. But it is similar to trying to find a needle in a haystack. A lot depends on the price point you are in both for rent and ultimately the sales price. As the market recovers, ret-to-own becomes harder and harder to find. Give me a call or e-mail me when you get a chance. I would love to talk to you further and help you find a good solution. My e-mail is UW1988@charter.net. All My Best, Jennifer Gordon