This is a good indication that the seller does not find your offer compelling. It may be fair, and based on recent sales, but it's likely not as good as other alternative offers, or may be that the seller is looking for a cash buyer.
Dan Chase is exactly right. No Response usually means no. It is possible that the listing agent is being behaving unethically, but I don't think that no response is evidence of unethical behavior. The list agent is their to protect the interest of the seller. If it's in the interest of the seller to leave you in the dark....then so be it.
It sounds like the situation is upsetting to you. This may indicate that the home is unique or otherwise more desirable than most. Have you considered raising your offer? It may be what the seller is waiting for you to do before they respond. If you'll regret not getting it at the price your offering, chance are your offer is too low or needs other adjustments.
Best of Luck
FREE RELA TIME MLS SEARCHES AT: http://www.waynebeals.com
Maybe they were out of town??? It is summer time. Sometimes these things happen. Although 72 hours IS long enough to get a hold of a seller. I am suprised they didnt even give you a small counter, but it just means they are not interested in going that low. You could try maybe raising your offer 5k to see if that entices them to at lease respond. Best of luck!
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
Bottom line, the listing agent should have communicated what was going on. There is very little you can do about that, and they didnt accept your offer. I suggest keep looking, and if you dont find anything else in couple of months and this is still listed, make another offer. The longer it sits the more likely the sellers may become agreeable with your offer. I would have to think there is another house out there or going to be out there for you.
Best of luck.
Tierra Antigua Realty
We are working with an agent, my father in law is our agent. He has called the selling agent several times this week, and he either doesn't call him back, or tells him he's waiting to hear from the seller. It sounds like he's making excuses, stringing us along waiting for something better to come along over the weekend. Before we initially viewed the property the selling agent contacted our agent to inform him that the sellers were motivated and that they were willing to bargain the price since the home is very dated and worn on the interior. Even offering a credit for flooring in the contract. They have consistantly dropped the price every month its been on the market, since April. They are currently asking $255,000, we offered $210,000 thinking that there would be a counter offer and we could meet somewhere in the middle. Just seems fishy. Feeling a little agrivated since the last time we put a bid on a house the selling agent called our lender fishing for information on our finances, which we felt was a complete invasion of privacy! Luckily our lender didn't bite! I'm just tired of playing games with these selling agents.
I AM SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE HAVING THESE ISSUES WITH YOUR OFFER. ARE YOU CURRENTLY WORKING WITH AN AGENT? IF YOU ARE, YOUR AGENT SHOULD BE FOLLOWING UP WITH THE SELLING AGENT TO GET YOU A RESPONSE FROM THE SELLER ABOUT YOUR OFFER. I WOULD CALL THE SELLING AGENT AND ASK WHY YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM THE SELLING AGENT, I WOULD THEN CALL THEIR MANAGING BROKER.
IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME A CALL AT 708-646-6533 OR EMAIL ME AT email@example.com
HAVE A GREAT DAY,
MCCOLLY REAL ESTATE