Home Buying in Lakewood>Question Details

Ashley Kings…, Home Buyer in Lakewood, CO

We love our home. We have lived in it for almost 9 years and we are having a tough time coming even CLOSE to finding something comparable.

Asked by Ashley Kingsley, Lakewood, CO Fri Dec 27, 2013

We need to move, however and really need help finding exactly what we are looking for! Everything we have seen is so far off from what we are really looking for. We are eager to find something fitting for a family of four that will host open floor plans with upgrades that will not cost us an arm and a leg. Is this even possible in Applewood, Lakewood, Wheat Ridge?

Answers

12
Ashley,

The biggest problem you will have is low inventory in the area. It will help you in the sale of your home, but be sure and look at the available options with a local Realtor in the area that meets your needs as a family and meets your needs logistically as far as work, church, or other activities that you participate in regularly.

RobertMcGuire33@gmail.com
Hi Ashley,

I work almost exclusively in the Lakewood area and would love to come buy and show you what your home will sell for and get you set up to receive every Brand NEW listing that hits the market in Lakewood so you can keep a pulse on the market. I have no doubt that if my team listed your property we would be in a multiple offer situation. There are tons of qualified buyers on the fence right now waiting for the right property to hit the market.

Are you open to Arvada as well? I have seen some pretty open floor plans recently hit the market there. Would you like to go take a look? Text me at 303-506-7106
Dear Ashley,

Fear not! There is a new home out there for you. Right now the inventory is low due to the holidays. Many people even take their homes off the market during the holidays as they don't want to have the interference during this time of the year.

I have helped many people such as yourself that thought there was not an option out there. There is, it just sometimes comes down to timing. As stated, inventory is low right now, but will be increasing now.

It is my greatest joy to help my clients locate their dream home and then get them settled in it.

If you have not settled with an agent, I would be happy to assist you through this process of locating your next home.

Roxanne 303-588-4004
Ashley,

I totally know how you feel. I went through the same feeling about 2 years ago. I had spent many years improving my home with custom accents, flooring, new paint, finished additions. Then we found ourselves looking to move. Putting our house up for sale was almost heartbreaking due to all the hours of blood seat and tears we put into the house. We loved it, the kids loved it.

My point is that shopping for a new home should be fun. While there will always be challenges to selling your beloved home and looking for that "perfect" home, it is a fun process.

My biggest reward comes 2 times; once we my client finds the home they really like and once when they actually get the keys int their hands.

If your not already working with an agent and would like to discuss some of the details in your search, you can contact me at any of the information below.

Brian Smith
(720) 490-1687
BrianSmith@TheMeridianTeam.com
Hi Ashley,
Inventory has been low especially with the holidays. I believe there will be more homes coming on the market in 2014. I would be glad to help you with your search. Let me know if there would be a good time to talk and get to know exactly what you are looking for.
Thanks!
Christy Shaffer
Keller Williams DTC
720-320-8211
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
Being a native of Lakewood (grew up around 26th & Teller), I have seen many very nice homes that would accommodate a household of four. Depending on your price range and other criteria, you should be able to find what you are looking for. If you aren't already working with a broker, give me a call. I can help you search for the right home, or set you up on a search system that will give you the most complete and up-to-date information available.

Phil Lunnon
303-888-2500
I think the market is very frustrating for buyers at the moment as there is so little for sale. We are all hoping to see a inventory boom in the new year, so hopefully you may find something then. Finding the right 'flow' for you is key as this isn't a quick fix to change, unlike kitchens and bathrooms which can updated at your time and expense. If you have been looking and not seeing anything, there may have to be a compromise? Home prices have gone up in the last months.

I am currently writing to home owners in certain neighborhoods that I have Buyers looking in where there just isn't anything for sale. That is always an option?

Check out homes for sale here http://juliereddingtonrealestate.com/areas-of-denver-2/west-… I can also narrow in on just the Applewood area. If I knew your price range, I might know of one for you.

Julie Reddington
720 227 5168
Broker Associate
Colorado Home Buyer
Buyers and Relocation Specialist
What are your wants/needs and what is your price range?
Hello Ashley,

The Jefferson County real estate market is very diversified and has a wide range of options available. Please email me with some of your parameters, price range and I will send you back some options available. Thank you.

Henrietta Valdez

Broker Associate
Sterling Real Estate Group
303-985-8524
pocydal@aol.com

Turning Houses into Homes, Dreams into Reality and an Investment into Security!
Hi Ashley,

It's hard to say without having seen your current home or knowing what your price range is. My parter and I live and work those areas (Wheat Ridge and Golden) and would be happy to meet with you to put together a picture of all your wants and needs. Please feel free to contact us or visit one of our websites to search for properties.

Jim Foster

303-229-5347
info@eDenverProperties.com
http://www.eDenverProperties.com

Jesse Dixon

970-946-9234
info@eDenverProperties.com
http://www.eDenverProperties.com

Brokers Guild Classic, Ltd.
"The eDenverProperties Team"

Main Office
3360 S. Wadsworth Blvd.
Lakewood, CO 80227
303-988-0123 (Jim - Ext 3087 & Jesse - Ext 3085)
720-962-9081 - Fax
Of course we can find you something. I had five couples sell and buy recently:) Call me any time!
How much is an arm and a leg?