Home Buying in Alexandria>Question Details

Zohreh Hache…, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

We`ll move to DC Alexandria in july 2013 want to buy a recent sing- family home of above 5000 sqft around 800000 $ waiting for ur best advice/offer

Asked by Zohreh Hachemi, Outside U.S. Fri May 17, 2013

Answers

9
When you say recently built, do you mean in the past twenty years? Alexandria City has a lot of homes built before 1960 but there are a few neighborhoods that have more recent developments. Alexandria in Fairfax county has even more. Check out this MLS website, which allows you to look for homes by year built - http://www.myhomesdb.com.

Rebecca Ward
Long and Foster Realtors
571-215-1863
Hi Zohreh,

We will be happy to assist in finding a home in July 2013.
Please provide me your contact information in order to speak with you about your options.

Junaid Bashir - Realtor
http://www.junaidbashir.com
703-622-0560
junaid@realtor.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
Zohren, here is a link to several homes that are close to what you are looking for. There are some 5000sqft homes in Alexandria but I also included Lorton which borders on Alexandria. Its a smaller town but they didn't really start building it out until the 2000's so there are many newer homes there and the prices are substantially less while just a few miles away from Alexandria. It is definitely worth looking into.

I only search for homes that were built in 2000 or later and included homes 4000 sqft and large. I am also a makeover expert and so a lot of home renovation with clients. My approach is very simple - rather than waste time and energy trying to find exactly what you want, we just create it. So, if 13 year old homes are little older than you had in mind, I would consider focusing on floor plan and location because I can help you turn it into the "new" home you are looking for. Its a much more fun, creative and rewarding way to buy a home. It is, of course just an option but one that expands the market for you because we're no longer limited to the inventory other homeowners are selling - we can create our own inventory and customize it to your wants and needs.

Here is the link to some of the homes I found. I'd be happy to talk to you more about home in the area. Feel free to email me anytime.

http://mrislistings.mris.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?k=196…

One last piece of advice - don't move to Maryland. The reason the prices are lower there is because the taxes are double.
Good luck with that. You might be able to purchase a 2000 to 3000 sq ft home in this are but that's probably the max. I moved here from AZ two years ago and the huge house with max sq footage doesn't exist in this area. I would look in areas like Lorton, VA and maybe Fairfax VA at your price point. Then again, the commute will be longer and more tedious if you are working in D.C...
You are looking in the wrong area....5000sq ft for 800K doesnt exhist!
Here are some options for you...

Click the following URL to see the listings:
http://mrislistings.mris.com/DE.asp?ID=52455784803

In PG County, Maryland there is one at $664,900.
In Fairfax County, Virginia, there are two at $1,190,000 and $1,199,000 (everything is negotiable to the price you want to pay)
&, in Arlington County, Virginia, there is one for $1,049,900. Negotiable...of course.

They are all above 5000 square feet, and some up to 10,000 sq. ft - - well over the 8000 you're looking for.

We'd be happy to show you more - we are licensed in all three metro-dc locations.

Good luck! Feel free to get in touch.

Chris Dudley - Realtor
Cell: (202) 297-3047
Email: chrisdudley@longandfoster.com
Website: http://www.dudleyrealtor.com
Tysons, VA Office: (703) 556-8600
Bethesda, MD & DC Office: (301) 907-7600
Long and Foster Realtors, Inc.
Licensed in VA, MD & DC.
Okay, I just checked the current inventory. Most homes that size are in the multi-million dollar range.
There is one currently on the market. It came on two days ago, and it is priced at $849,000. You may need to think about going further west or perhaps somewhere in Maryland.
That's a big house! Larger homes can be found down the George Washington Parkway or perhaps in the Western part of Alexandria. Would have to check the inventory to see what might be available.
I don't believe that house exists for that price. For $800,000, you may be able to find a very nice home with about 4,000 sq. ft or so. I would recommend you set up a time to speak to an agent via phone and then do a consultation once you are in the area to help you narrow down your focus. Good luck!