Mugjimbo, Home Buyer in Gary, IN

We just bought a house cash and the previous owners still live there and won't agree on a move out date. How long legally do they have to move out?

Asked by Mugjimbo, Gary, IN Mon Jul 29, 2013

Answers

4
What does your contract say as far as possession?
I called my realtor and he said as soon as the title is transferred but I have no idea how long that will take. I didn't get a mortgage I paid cash. But I want to know as soon as the title is transferred how long legally do they have to move out since no date or timeframe was agreed upon in the contract. Just when title is transferred.
Flag Mon Jul 29, 2013
How did you secure title? Tax sale ? Foreclosure? Arms length transaction? Call Gary @ 219-662-7147 or go to my website (http://onestoprealtyshop.net) and fill out contact page. There is a multitude of scenario's , lets determine which one fits your situation to be be able to determine which is the best way to proceed. Looking forward to providing answers to your questions.
Personal sale.
Flag Mon Jul 29, 2013
Your purchase agreement should state when you get possession. Possession is often the day of closing, but that is negotiable. Refer to your contract, or contact your real estate agent. If buyers continue to hold out, eviction proceeding may be necessary.
It depends upon what your contract says. Most contracts provide that the seller will deliver the house at closing. Some provide a grace period with a specified payment to the buyer (which money should have been held in escrow.)