Home Buying in Somerdale>Question Details

niemandbelin…, Home Buyer in Somerdale, NJ

We have sign a offer on a house. But now the seller doesnt want to sign the lawers contract. How long can she take to sing the contract. its 45 days

Asked by niemandbelinda, Somerdale, NJ Wed Jan 30, 2013

Answers

5
Niemandbelinda,

Just curious, was this a short sale and what you have is actually the banks approval of the sale price?
Never heard of a lawyers contract before unless you bought the home without using Realtors and the attorney wrote the contract. I agree, that if it's 45 days on a "normal" sale, if the contract is not signed you don't have a deal.
Hi, it doesn't take 45 days. You don't have a deal. If you dont have a Realtor and would like me to review, let me know. They may have been scared off by the lawyer's contract as most people in South Jersey are accustomed to the Realtors' standard forms.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.979.5967 mobile
axelson@kurfiss.com
kurfiss.com
You've made an offer, if the seller hasn't signed it you don't have a contract you have nothing. After 45 days I'd suggest that it's unlikely the Seller is going to sign anything. I'd speak with your agent see what they have to suggest and would probably move on and find another property.
I assume you have already signed the contact and put your money down with the contract. I never heard of a seller taking 45 days to sign a contract and than actually signing it. Looks like you have no deal. Your agent should have advised you of that a month ago. First I would have your lawyer ask for the contracts to be returned along with your deposit. I would than start looking at other homes and doing it with a different agent. You've wasted way too much time on this.

Donald Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
2008 Realtor of the Year
Douglas Elliman Real Estate

http://www.nyhomeseller.com
A seller or buyer does not have to sign a contract if they dont like the terms of the contract at all. An offer is only that... The contract is accepting the offer. Obviously they dont want to accept your offer. WHY?

If you are waiting for someone to sign a contract for 45 days then I think its safe to say they are not going to sign at all.

What is on the contract that they dont want to sign? If you dont know then ask...

There is a reason beyond "the lawyers contract" reason they will not sign....

Did seller change their mind about selling?

Search foreclosures and short sale here: http://www.BuyNJShortSales.com

"Nobody Sells More Real Estate than RE/MAX"

Search the MLS on your phone by Text: In the subject line on your mobile phone- LSAR1 -to number 87778 ... hit send... A GPS feature for listings at your finger tips

Larry Sarlo When you want it Sold Fast!
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171 call / text / email 7 days
lsarlo@comcast.net
http://www.larrysarlo.com