Home Buying in Annapolis>Question Details

carolepelleg…, Home Buyer in Annapolis, MD

We have four small dogs. Will it be difficult finding an area that allows this?

Asked by carolepellegrino, Annapolis, MD Mon Jan 28, 2013

Answers

5
Rita Vanreuth’s answer
Q: How many pets, such as dogs, can I have in my home?
A: The zoning ordinance allows the keeping of pets for other than commercial purposes. The keeping of cats is limited to no more than nine per household. The keeping of dogs as pets is limited by lot size. You may keep up to four dogs with no minimum land area requirement. For five or six dogs, at least 25,000 square feet of land area is required, and for seven or more dogs, 40,000 square feet is required, with 5,000 square feet for each additional dog over seven. In RA, RLD, or R1, a commercial kennel is allowed by special exception, in accordance with 18-11-127.
Hi Carol,

Are you planning on renting or buying? If purchasing, I'm not aware of any areas (other than some condo buildings) that would put a restriction on the number of pets. If you are renting, the difficulty would be finding a pet friendly Landlord. We do that all the time. Visit us on-line to view all homes for sale and rent homes and let us know if we may be of assistance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 28, 2013
We live on Turkey Pt Island in Edgewater with 3 dogs. Only community I'm aware that has a restriction is Harbor Hills in Davidsonville. Their HOA has a max of 2 dogs.
Our home is for sale - 1402 South Virginia Avenue, Annapolis, Maryland 21401 for $695,000 - we have two Siberian Huskies, so our back yard is fully fenced with a secure gate. There are no problems in our neighborhood with multiple dogs. Come look!!
Depends on the area. Most dog people choose the Eastern Shore because of the freedom. I personally live on Kent Island. I am down to two but have had four springer spaniels.