Home Buying in Thornwood>Question Details

Trish, Home Buyer in Scarsdale, NY

We have been looking for a bigger home to accommodate our needs. We live in the Scarsdale School

Asked by Trish, Scarsdale, NY Fri Mar 7, 2008

District/Edgewood. Is it so bad to sell our house and buy more house for the $ in Thornwood, or should we buy up in Scarsdale, less for the $?

Answers

4
If you have been looking for a bigger home, then go with what you've been searching for. You will get more house and more land for the $ in Thornwood, and you will be in the Mt. Pleasant School District. In today's market, your sale and your purchase will all be relative---all values have dropped. My advice would be to "go after" what your family needs--and if that's a bigger home, then you've answered your own question. I hope this has helped put things in perspective for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 6, 2010
if you want to be in thornwood and that works for you, i think its not bad to sell in scarsdale and buy more house in thornwood.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 4, 2008
i think you should buy another house because prices are low please contact me for more information 9173704312
The question you have to ask is what would you rather have location or bigger house. Ofcourse no one is saying you can't have enough of both to the point that you can have the best of both. It is a big decision and you need an agent that will put your needs first and embrace hard work as well and is innovative with new ideas. Call me @ 914-260-0482. Email me - Amarish10541@yahoo.com